What did you used to think about logos?

Ark

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most obvious one..."PAC Man"...I did not think it was Pac Man, but it did take me an embarrassingly long time to find the hawk's head in open space. I thought the "object" was the logo and I had no idea what it was supposed to be. I remember realizing what this is and the light bulb over my head.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As a kid, I was among those who thought the Hawks logo was Pac Man eating a dot. I also thought the neck of the Denver Broncos logo that's in the first post was the face, granted a disformed one, and it's head was turned backwards to look at the D. I thought the bend in the back was its mouth.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

q9gvs07u72gc9xr3395u6jh68.png

I had no idea what "Ubs" were until I started following baseball.

Now I know that an Ub is a perpetual cellar dweller.

I was about to post the same thing about the Cubs logo. Every time I saw the Perfect Strangers intro I was so confused.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Up until, honestly... The rebrand, I always viewed the gap between the two front legs of the Lions logo as the mouth, the small white dot as the eye, and the rest of the head as the mane... I never questioned why they used a deformed lion, or why it didn't have any front legs...473.gif

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Up until, honestly... The rebrand, I always viewed the gap between the two front legs of the Lions logo as the mouth, the small white dot as the eye, and the rest of the head as the mane... I never questioned why they used a deformed lion, or why it didn't have any front legs...473.gif

I used to see the same thing...until I realized the right paw was touching the mouth. I don't know why it was done that way.

I had forgotten about this one - the J-ets and C-ubs reminded me of it.

wngsuqhi4laygst4ffe8wfeti.gif

I remember seeing this logo on 1990-91 NBA Hoops cards (I was 4-5 years old at the time) and asking my cousin what a Utah Azz was. My cousin was 11-12 at the time and got a pretty good laugh out of it.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The Trailblazers' logo is an abstract representation of a basketball game. The 5 white and red lines represent players on two teams. I had always thought it had something to do with a hurricane or typhoon. Which never made sense.

Until middle school or so, I thought the Trailblazers' logo (the original one is the one I grew up with) was the spinning lines of a Weed Eater.

Blazers_original.pngwill-a-22-lr-bullet-go-through-a-spinnin

Trailblazers... cutting down grass and trees to clear a path... it makes sense!

Serious? The team is named for weedwhackers?

87Redskins.png

Archived