Old School Soda Logos

hettinger_rl

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Used to drink something called "Chocolate Soldier" as a kid in the 80's. Can't seem to find a picture at the moment. Glass bottle, white label. I always thought it was better than Yoohoo.

610492_1_l.jpg

chocolate_soldier.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Used to drink something called "Chocolate Soldier" as a kid in the 80's. Can't seem to find a picture at the moment. Glass bottle, white label. I always thought it was better than Yoohoo.

I absolutely LOVED Chocolate Soldier!!

xbnktVB.png

Hold the phone. The "Brownie Chocolate" drink I mentioned earlier - I remember it having a label just like this, except yellow. I distinctly remember that font. I wonder if they were made or distributed by the same company. This, again, could be a pre-kindergarten me confusing Chocolate Soldier, Brownie Chocolate, and Yoo-Hoo... but I'm hardcore Googling this now.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

We went to West Virginia a few weeks ago and I came across Ski:

k0mFjy3.jpg

I knew it was making a comeback (mainly in the south) but I didn't know how soon. It was some pretty good stuff.

This may not be a "vintage" logo, but it stays on the topic of chocolate-flavored drinks:

ao0rKx8.jpg

The main reason I bought it was the label, but I forgot to save it :( Oh well. That stuff tasted like fizzy chocolate syrup. I like chocolate syrup on ice cream, but not straight-up.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

when I was in undergrad we used to drink the F out of Cherikee Red

dsc_0134.jpgRED-1.jpg

Two things:

1. I drank this stuff every day (probably why I was so fat back in those days) but never noticed that it was spelled Cherikee and not Cherokee.

2. Never dawned on me until this second that it is probably no coincidence that Native Ameriican imagery was used to market a red soda.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived