Old School Soda Logos

hettinger_rl

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now those are things of beauty. I wish the retro trend would extend to sodas and put them all in glass bottles like these. Anyone know what "Slice" is?

I'd say slice was pepsi's fanta-like line of soda's. It also was their answer to sprite until 2000, also their main orange soda too for a while.

Wait... Slice doesn't exist anymore?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Who remembers this? I used to drink it by the case my freshman year of high school.

I don't remember that but I do remember this...

I vividly remember New York Seltzer -- especially this poster that I thought was super modern:

This reminded me of a design I liked...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I vividly remember New York Seltzer -- especially this poster that I thought was super modern:

As a kid, I loved New York Seltzer. I seem to remember that being one of the first drinks in a one-liter bottle.

LSB: At my elementary school, I used to have one of these with lunch every day. Somewhere around 4th grade or so, they changed the label to where it was labeled soda underneath the flavor (You can see the differences in the DG's original post). Well, soda wasn't allowed in school so, even though nothing had changed about the product that I had been having for lunch every day, I was no longer allowed to bring it to school. Sad day.

• 3 weeks later...

new-york-seltzer.jpg

This reminded me of a design I liked...

bottles-small.jpg

Which reminds me of this:

5711324165_003a3b7cc4.jpg

Oh man! Childhood memories just came flooding back! I fondly remember drinking those at the Kennedy Space Center as a kid. Fun times.

Slice, and NY Seltzer in the glass bottles with the foam-ish labels were both awesome when I was a kid. Not really soda, but my dad used to buy me a chocolate drink (probably similar YooHoo) that had brownies all over the label when I was maybe 5 or 6 (mid-80's)...I thought that stuff was liquid gold, but I can't remember its name or who made it.

I also loved Clearly Canadian, and was just talking about how I missed that to someone a few days ago. Glad to see they're bringing it back!

Also, I somehow had a promotional VHS back then that featured Ozzie Smith and George Brett talking about fielding drills and how they loved drinking Vess Soda between innings. George liked the Cola flavor and Ozzie preferred the Whistle Orange. :hockeysmiley: Wish I still had the tape...

Does Chubby count?

bubblegumsoda.jpg

(Figured I'd post my fave flavour as a kid besides the regular Cola)

my favorite of all time. Used to drink these so much as a kid, loved the bubble gum flavor. And for some reason I thought I remembered them having like over 30 flavors, idk though I might be wrong. Wish these were still around

Slice, and NY Seltzer in the glass bottles with the foam-ish labels were both awesome when I was a kid. Not really soda, but my dad used to buy me a chocolate drink (probably similar YooHoo) that had brownies all over the label when I was maybe 5 or 6 (mid-80's)...I thought that stuff was liquid gold, but I can't remember its name or who made it.

I do believe you may be talkling about Brownie Chocolate. I remember it being hard to find and not very well marketed, which by the lack of information on its own Wikipedia page, would support.

The can I remember (late 80s-early 90s) was similar to this one, but on the newer-style can. I also remember the can being yellow, but this could be a pre-kindergarden me confusing this with Yoo-Hoo.

DSCN1276s.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 2 weeks later...

Minute Maid made soda? Never knew. Minute Maid made. Minute Maid made. That's a weird one :D

Take a look at these!

vintage-soda-cans-595x258.jpg

And these beauties:

Ugly-Soda-Cans.gif

Also found this interesting.

Seems North Carolina never gets credit for Pepsi. It was invented in New Bern, NC. I've been to the original drug store. Seems like every local restaurant has Pepsi out there. Been to NC a lot over the years and have never heard of Cheerwine.

I also really liked the retro look that Mountain Dew did there for awhile. Not sure if they're doing it anymore though. Haven't bought a Dew in a while. Cheap vodka pretty much ruined it for me.

I am the same way with vodka and orange. Got drunk and sick on it to much when I was much younger - can vodka mixed with anything else and have no problems - same with just orange juice, but when I even smell them mixed together I almost gag.

One camping fishing trip brought a large bottle of vodka and mixed it with this:

45834L.jpg

This must be from Canada! It's the old 280ml cans!!! Back when Canadians couldn't handle a full size pop!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Anyone else remember when Anheuser-Busch decided to re-enter the soft drink business in the late 70's?

Root 66, a root beer

A-B-Root66-Rootbeer-soda1_zpszf1nde1p.pn

Chelsea was a ginger ale-like beverage which was 0.5% (or less) alcohol and later became alcohol-free after a lot of negative press.

A-B-Chelsea-soda1-149x300_zpsralxgami.pn

As a bottle, it bottled in Michelob-style "hourglass" brown glass.

Archived