Minor League Hockey Shake-up...coming

JackieMoon

6 hours ago, GraysAntibiotics said:

Quad City might go to the SPHL 

They looked at it but said it wasnt financially feasable. There have been rumors of a return of the UHL, If that does get off the ground they would be a good fit there.

Signature intentionally left blank

I'd imagine the SPHL has their eyes on Moline, since Peoria is apparently staying there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I've always gone with Skatin' Punchin' Hollerin' League, but I think "Slapdash" would be a nice fit, too.

I give them credit for somehow enduring, though. This whole thing started as a feeder league for the aborted WHA reboot!

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"Aborted WHA reboot" sounds like something from one of those group exercises on Twitter where it's like "write a foregone conclusion in three words"

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 3/15/2018 at 2:33 PM, Sodboy13 said:

I'd imagine the SPHL has their eyes on Moline, since Peoria is apparently staying there.

One assumes Peoria doesn't have enough money to do anything else.  Or is content with a status quo of dominating the regular season before immediately crashing out in the postseason.  The Fort Wayne Komets model, only dumber.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Peoria's majority owner is close to a billionaire and they're one of a handful of teams that turn a profit. They're not hurting for cash. With Evansville sticking around and seemingly stable, 

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

12 hours ago, waj287 said:

The SPHL is like that one uncle you have at a family reunion that you never remember exists until someone points him out

The FHL is the uncle doing time that we do not talk about in this house.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Ah, my big pet peave... Why does the ECHL charge an insane amount of money for ECHLTV? AHLTV is half the price. 

I wish the Cyclones would pay the fee and move up to the AHL (when a spot becomes available). I think there could be a nice rivalry with the Monsters.

It's the provider they use. Neulion is always super expensive, for CHL/ECHL/ AHL(whenever they had it). Now that the AHL moved to what seems to be MLB.tv/NHL.tv service (MLBAM), it's significantly cheaper.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I think they'll switch soon. I'd say next offseason. With this stuff, there's always a trickle down. The AHL finds the next new hotness in providers (it was AmericaOne, then Neulion), the ECHL follows suit usually a year later, and then the SPHL the year after that. I know quite a few SP fans in multiple markets that complain about the price but still plop it down each year. As long as people still open their wallets, Neulion sees no need to drop the price.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the Chicago Wolves are winding down their once-comprehensive television coverage, as outside of Milwaukee and Rockford, no road games will be televised. (Inside of Milwaukee and Rockford, everyone's too drunk to read.) Admittedly, my chief concern is keeping tabs on the Frost Swine, so that's still there, but I appreciated having Wolves games around when nothing else was on, and I feel bad for people who cared enough about the Wolves to keep up with the road games. But at least parking is free this year after years of usurious Rosemont parking rates, so I might actually go to a game or two this year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 7 months later...