Minor League Hockey Shake-up...coming

JackieMoon

Some of you guys are selling Milwaukee short. Wisconsin is a cold state with lots of interest in hockey, there's a much higher passion for spectator and participation sports per capita than other states, and the governor is a fetal-alcohol-lookin' dickhole who loves giving tax money to billionaires. If you ask me, the stage is set!

I'm not selling us short by a long shot. I tried to edit my post to add that if anyone could bring the NHL here, specifically relieving them of the Coyotes Quagmire, it would be Lazry and Edens. They are used to taking losses and turning profits. With the arena situation and Wiscos love of hockey it would be win win. If they owned both clubs and had 100% controlling interest in the arena, maybe taxpayers wouldn't have to foot too much of a bill, save for a luxury/travel tax.

It can be done, YES! the logistics would all have to align. The problem would then be........Where do the Admirals go?

Green Bay would be the easiest, most obvious solution. Have them affiliate with the Milwaukee team to create another Milwaukee-Fox Valley connection like the Brewers and Timber Rattlers.

Some of you guys are selling Milwaukee short. Wisconsin is a cold state with lots of interest in hockey, there's a much higher passion for spectator and participation sports per capita than other states, and the governor is a fetal-alcohol-lookin' dickhole who loves giving tax money to billionaires. If you ask me, the stage is set!

I'm not selling us short by a long shot. I tried to edit my post to add that if anyone could bring the NHL here, specifically relieving them of the Coyotes Quagmire, it would be Lazry and Edens. They are used to taking losses and turning profits. With the arena situation and Wiscos love of hockey it would be win win. If they owned both clubs and had 100% controlling interest in the arena, maybe taxpayers wouldn't have to foot too much of a bill, save for a luxury/travel tax.

It can be done, YES! the logistics would all have to align. The problem would then be........Where do the Admirals go?

Green Bay would be the easiest, most obvious solution. Have them affiliate with the Milwaukee team to create another Milwaukee-Fox Valley connection like the Brewers and Timber Rattlers.

The Resch Center also seats 8700 for hockey. The Gamblers in the USHL currently use it, but it would be perfect for an AHL team.

Whenever I see that name, I always want to believe that the arena is named after Chico Resch and so everyone there who watches the game is always like "OHHH, WOOOOOW, LOOKIT IM MAKE A MOVE THERE AND DAW HOLY SMOKES HE JUST WHOOOOOOOOAA THAT'S JUST GEEZ WOOOOOOOOOWWWWW"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

Thunder Bay always seemed like a pipe dream to me. It's too remote.

Weird little place, being on Eastern Time while west of Milwaukee and Chicago. Sunset is at 8:27 tonight!

Thunder Bay always seemed like a pipe dream to me. It's too remote.

Weird little place, being on Eastern Time while west of Milwaukee and Chicago. Sunset is at 8:27 tonight!

It's also a weird little combination of rust belt/midwestern/tourist town. It's a scaled back Duluth, but Canadian.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Officials debated over the names to be put on the ballot, taking suggestions from residents including "Lakehead" and "The Lakehead". Predictably, the vote split between the two, and "Thunder Bay" was the victor. The final tally was "Thunder Bay" with 15,870, "Lakehead" with 15,302, and "The Lakehead" with 8,377.

Why didn't they have a runoff between Lakehead with or without The? This is so Canadian.

Guess it's safe to say the Moose will be back and around for awhile...

Probably a good bet. As long as they stay in Manitoba (one of the few advantages to state/provincial names).

I hope, I miss the logo/name. One of the best that has ever been in hockey.

As for the restructure, if they are going to do it, then they shouldn't half as it. Do it clear across the board throughout all the hockey minors.

• 3 weeks later...

YAY!

They should've been doing this for years.

Reasons why I like this move:

- builds mutual interest for both cities. Cleveland hockey fans will get to follow their favorite guys to the CBJ and continue to watch them on FSO. Columbus residents are a quick drive away from seeing the prospects in person. But most especially will pull more Clevelanders towards the Blue Jackets. Since coming into the NHL the corners (Cincinnati and Cleveland) haven't been that interested in the Blue Jackets. At the very least, it can't hurt the Blue Jackets efforts to grow their fanbase within their own state.

- easier for callups to get to Columbus. There's been a couple cases where an AHL guy was needed that night and they couldn't get him from Springfield to Columbus in time.

- Big city Cleveland farming talent for little, non-descript Columbus. Call it an inferiority complex, but I love the idea of "big bad" Cleveland being the little brother to Columbus. It's the exact opposite in baseball. A nice trade-off.

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, I like this move for Columbus. If the Cali/Western teams are doing it, why not Columbus or another Eastern team?

And don't apologize for bumping, this is the kind of news this thread is meant for.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

That's fantastic news. Wonder if the Avs slum it in Springfield for a year before setting up as the 6th Pacific team.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

YAY!

They should've been doing this for years.

Reasons why I like this move:

- builds mutual interest for both cities. Cleveland hockey fans will get to follow their favorite guys to the CBJ and continue to watch them on FSO. Columbus residents are a quick drive away from seeing the prospects in person. But most especially will pull more Clevelanders towards the Blue Jackets. Since coming into the NHL the corners (Cincinnati and Cleveland) haven't been that interested in the Blue Jackets. At the very least, it can't hurt the Blue Jackets efforts to grow their fanbase within their own state.

- easier for callups to get to Columbus. There's been a couple cases where an AHL guy was needed that night and they couldn't get him from Springfield to Columbus in time.

- Big city Cleveland farming talent for little, non-descript Columbus. Call it an inferiority complex, but I love the idea of "big bad" Cleveland being the little brother to Columbus. It's the exact opposite in baseball. A nice trade-off.

Now to get the Panthers/Yotes to pull out of Cincinnati so that the Jackets can take over the Cyclones instead of having their prospects in the 'Zoo.

An all-Ohio affiliation would be awesome, and go a long way to finally establishing the Jackets as Ohio's team.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

That's fantastic news. Wonder if the Avs slum it in Springfield for a year before setting up as the 6th Pacific team.

From some of the rumors earlier this year, I think Colorado will affiliate with San Antonio and then Florida will affiliate with Springfield.

jNTsTyQ.png

Here's the update:

Columbus - from Springfield to Lake Erie (confirmed)

Arizona - from Portland to Springfield

Colorado - from Cleveland to San Antonio

Also in that (and I think we missed it), Florida has affiliated with Portland.

I should note that these are all described as "multi-year affiliations", which means we can forget about Springie moving west anytime soon.

sauce: http://theahl.com/falcons-monsters-rampage-swap-nhl-affiliates-p197468

Edited by RyanB06

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Yes, but Springfield isn't owned by an NHL team. Unless the Yotes buy the Falcons, they're going nowhere.

And it's bad optics for the franchise in the same city as your league offices to up and move because its parent club says so.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.