Minor League Hockey Shake-up...coming

JackieMoon

I would think multi-year affiliation means with the franchise itself, not necessarily the city.

Umm, it means with the cities. Because the franchises still own their players, unless they trade the players. Granted, we may see Springfield move, because that's around 37 hours on the road. I don't know the distance via air though. I do think Ohio should be all Blue Jackets, save for Toledo because it's the Detroit of Ohio(mainly socioeconomically speaking).

That's what- She

A multi-year affiliation agreement is about as iron-clad as those 12-year college coaching contracts. Teams can and do move affiliations when they want. Adirondack had a multi-year affiliation agreement with the Flames.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That's fantastic news. Wonder if the Avs slum it in Springfield for a year before setting up as the 6th Pacific team.

From some of the rumors earlier this year, I think Colorado will affiliate with San Antonio and then Florida will affiliate with Springfield.

Didn't Florida affiliate with Portland?

So don't know how the other Pacific Division teams are doing, but spoke with a ticket rep a week ago and he said they had sold over 2,800 season tickets to the San Diego Gulls so far and still more deposits waiting to be converted to tickets.

Yes, but Springfield isn't owned by an NHL team. Unless the Yotes buy the Falcons, they're going nowhere.

And it's bad optics for the franchise in the same city as your league offices to up and move because its parent club says so.

Norfolk's AHL squad wasn't for sale but once the possibility of a Pacific division came about, $$$ talked and BS walked. Anything is possible.

Yes, but Springfield isn't owned by an NHL team. Unless the Yotes buy the Falcons, they're going nowhere.

And it's bad optics for the franchise in the same city as your league offices to up and move because its parent club says so.

Norfolk's AHL squad wasn't for sale but once the possibility of a Pacific division came about, $$$ talked and BS walked. Anything is possible.

Actually the explicit threat was that the NorAds would find themselves sans NHL parent if they didn't sell. Money wasn't really a factor here, except in the sense that being an independent team in the AHL is suffering both in terms of performance and cost.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

lolwut?

Umm, it means with the cities. Because the franchises still own their players, unless they trade the players. Granted, we may see Springfield move, because that's around 37 hours on the road. I don't know the distance via air though. I do think Ohio should be all Blue Jackets, save for Toledo because it's the Detroit of Ohio(mainly socioeconomically speaking).

Okay, here we go:

Umm, it means with the cities.

Umm, no, it doesn't. It's an agreement between to two franchises, not cities.

Because the franchises still own their players, unless they trade the players.

I hope you mean NHL franchises still own their players because if you mean the AHL team, you're wrong. Like really wrong. And if you did mean the NHL team ... no :censored: .

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Actually the explicit threat was that the NorAds would find themselves sans NHL parent if they didn't sell. Money wasn't really a factor here, except in the sense that being an independent team in the AHL is suffering both in terms of performance and cost.

Yep. They didn't want to sell... they just had no choice. If they didn't they'd have had no players and not enough money to field a full AHL squad of non-NHL prospects. And with the easy out offered to them by ECHL they'd have been stupid not to sell.

That's fantastic news. Wonder if the Avs slum it in Springfield for a year before setting up as the 6th Pacific team.

From some of the rumors earlier this year, I think Colorado will affiliate with San Antonio and then Florida will affiliate with Springfield.

Didn't Florida affiliate with Portland?

Yes, and good riddance to the Yotes.

spacer.png

I might have missed it, but did AHL announce the alignment of the other five divisions besides the Pacific? Looks like Manitoba says in the Western Conference and Rochester/Toronto/Utica move to the Eastern, but I haven't seen anything in terms of Atlantic/NE/East changes

I might have missed it, but did AHL announce the alignment of the other five divisions besides the Pacific? Looks like Manitoba says in the Western Conference and Rochester/Toronto/Utica move to the Eastern, but I haven't seen anything in terms of Atlantic/NE/East changes

They probably won't announce anything until after the playoffs.

11129817_1580151605596358_74538502778824

Was at the last Bulldogs game. Didn't really hit home until the beginning of the third period. They did well to honour the team's history throughout the night, with video messages from alumni such as Price, Subban, Plekanec, and Ajay Baines (scored Calder Cup winner in 07)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Just out of curiosity, which would you rather have; AHL or OHL? I don't recall ever hearing your take on the situation.

I can't really say until I've experienced the OHL. I've always felt that OHL will be better supported in Hamilton, because ultimately, it is still Leafs country. Having the Habs' affiliate here made it hard to draw Leafs fans to support the team, and having an affiliation at all made it hard to really adopt the team as Hamilton's.

However, in speaking with fans, they seem to be disappointed that they're disappointed that pro hockey is leaving. As much as it was not supported, it was awesome to see guys like Dan Cleary, Ty Conklin, Jason Chimera, Francois Beauchemin, Jaroslav Halak, Carey Price, P.K. Subban, Max Pacioretty, David Desharnais, Dustin Tokarski, and Devan Dubnyk before they became household names in the NHL. The professionalism of it will be missed, but new opportunities will be embraced.

Check back with me after next season to see which one I prefer.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Just out of curiosity, which would you rather have; AHL or OHL? I don't recall ever hearing your take on the situation.

I can't really say until I've experienced the OHL. I've always felt that OHL will be better supported in Hamilton, because ultimately, it is still Leafs country. Having the Habs' affiliate here made it hard to draw Leafs fans to support the team, and having an affiliation at all made it hard to really adopt the team as Hamilton's.

However, in speaking with fans, they seem to be disappointed that they're disappointed that pro hockey is leaving. As much as it was not supported, it was awesome to see guys like Dan Cleary, Ty Conklin, Jason Chimera, Francois Beauchemin, Jaroslav Halak, Carey Price, P.K. Subban, Max Pacioretty, David Desharnais, Dustin Tokarski, and Devan Dubnyk before they became household names in the NHL. The professionalism of it will be missed, but new opportunities will be embraced.

Check back with me after next season to see which one I prefer.

Im a marlies fan, but im really gonna miss the bulldogs

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The League is already looking into moving their offices. The last time there was a possibility that Springfield might be without an AHL team they put down payments on space in Hartford and Hershey. Luckily they were able to convince the Oilers to affiliate with Springfield for 3 years and they didn't have to move. I've heard that the League is already looking at space in Hartford again.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

The League is already looking into moving their offices. The last time there was a possibility that Springfield might be without an AHL team they put down payments on space in Hartford and Hershey. Luckily they were able to convince the Oilers to affiliate with Springfield for 3 years and they didn't have to move. I've heard that the League is already looking at space in Hartford again.

Surprised they don't just move to Hartford. God knows the league will be in Hartford long term if the NHL doesn't come back.

The Jets and the AHL have called a press conference for Monday to announce the team name. Possibly Logos and uniforms as well.

We all know Moose is the logical and sentimental choice, but Chipman was also bandying about the possibility of Polar Bears when he bought the thrashers. We'll see in a few days.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The good thing about going with that doofy Polar Bears choice is that if this doesn't work or a better location becomes available (I still think the best thing to do is to sell the team and affiliate with the Wolves, O'Hare being one of the only U.S. airports that flies direct to Winnipeg; maybe if the Blues find some couch change they can buy the team and put it in Peoria or Chucktown), that way you're not getting rid of the Manitoba Moose a second time. I have doubts about Winnipeg supporting two pro hockey teams.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫