Minor League Hockey Shake-up...coming

JackieMoon

How about Winnipeg Thrashers??

They should be able to support both teams. Since the ice is down anyway for most of 7-8 months (and costing nearly $13,000 a day just for ice maintenance), may as well put a second home team there and get some of that money back. How many non-hockey (and non-ice-usage) events does Winnipeg get during the hockey season?

A lot, if I'm not mistaken. The MTS Centre was cited as being among North America's busier arenas before the Jets came back, so I'm guessing they book the place pretty solid.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The good thing about going with that doofy Polar Bears choice is that if this doesn't work or a better location becomes available (I still think the best thing to do is to sell the team and affiliate with the Wolves, O'Hare being one of the only U.S. airports that flies direct to Winnipeg; maybe if the Blues find some couch change they can buy the team and put it in Peoria or Chucktown), that way you're not getting rid of the Manitoba Moose a second time. I have doubts about Winnipeg supporting two pro hockey teams.

The Blues would never be welcomed back into Peoria by the fans.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The good thing about going with that doofy Polar Bears choice is that if this doesn't work or a better location becomes available (I still think the best thing to do is to sell the team and affiliate with the Wolves, O'Hare being one of the only U.S. airports that flies direct to Winnipeg; maybe if the Blues find some couch change they can buy the team and put it in Peoria or Chucktown), that way you're not getting rid of the Manitoba Moose a second time. I have doubts about Winnipeg supporting two pro hockey teams.

The Blues would never be welcomed back into Peoria by the fans.

Ehhh....AAA hockey is AAA hockey.

Fans wouldn't be the issue. The Civic Center may be after the whole "ripped out everything that was nailed down in the locker room and paid for by the Civic Center when you grabbed the team" bit.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh, please share this story.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Fans wouldn't be the issue. The Civic Center may be after the whole "ripped out everything that was nailed down in the locker room and paid for by the Civic Center when you grabbed the team" bit.

Vancouver's all like "don't blame us, those were professional misappropriators! They took a bus in and everything!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh, please share this story.

http://www.pjstar.com/article/20130427/NEWS/304279971/0/SEARCH

I slightly misremembered. They looted the training equipment and a 50-inch TV from the locker room that the booster club bought for the team. The Blues did try to grab the lockers that had been installed in the last Civic Center renovation, at which point the Blues got the locks changed on them.

The SPHL Rivs have had to make do with the equipment from the old ECHL Trenton team, which they were able to snap up when it folded.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

-Double post

Today, we are all otaku.

Oh, yes, Tom Stillman has plenty of money to keep an NHL team operating well into the future, I'm sure of it.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On the phone, not sure how big this is, but...

Lee usually saves this line for Twitter DMs.

• Like 2

It's fine if the Jets want the new Moose to ape their color scheme, but they really should have at least one brown as a logo-only color. A grayish-bluish moose looks weird, and I think the whole thing just kinda blahs together. The original was better.