Minor League Hockey Shake-up...coming

JackieMoon

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what the other new teams are doing with regard to media, but the Gulls just signed a radio deal with Southern California's most powerful AM radio station, the Mighty 1090AM (the San Diego Padres flagship station) and their sister station ESPN1700 to broadcast all 68 games of the Pacific's abbreviated season. This will allow them to be heard though all of southern California including Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside and Ventura Counties (and beyond as 1090 can often be heard in the Central Valley). So Ducks fans will be able to listen to their minor league team (while ironically enough the Ducks flagship 830 is partially available in San Diego (largely depending on which direction your antenna is facing)).

The deal also includes a pre and post game show and segments on one of the stations talk radio shows. Pretty extensive deal for a minor league club from anything else I've seen, hockey or otherwise.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/jul/28/gulls-radio-broadcasts-on-mighty-1090-espn-1700/

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we won't have to wait until opening day to get a glimpse of some of the new Pacific Division teams.

The Ontario Reign and the San Diego Gulls are playing a pair of exhibition games October 2 in Ontario and October 5 at the Honda Center in Anaheim. The latter game is free to anyone who wants to attend. Opening day for the Gulls at least is still October 10.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/aug/11/san-diego-gulls-free-preseason-game/

• 2 weeks later...

Thirteen of the San Jose Barracuda's home games will be doubleheaders with the Sharks. Enjoy Broken Ankle Saturday Nights at SAP Center, Sharks fans!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Reign have three home and away with Texas and San Antonio, two home and away with Mantioba and Charlotte, and the rest are within the special we-don't-like-snowflakes section of the division. Dumb.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Wolves have no interconference games, which, hey, that's perfectly fine! But they also have zero games against the Special Snowflakes, which means they're spending the entire season in a 10-team league.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Wolves have no interconference games, which, hey, that's perfectly fine! But they also have zero games against the Special Snowflakes, which means they're spending the entire season in a 10-team league.

Seems to be the case for many teams. The Gulls are barely leaving the state and only leave the conference a handful of times that I can see. I for one was hoping to see a game against the Wolfpack back east but I guess that was too much to hope for.

I'm perfectly fine with the AHL basically operating as two leagues until the Finals. It's the reality of it operating as three leagues, one of which gets its own set of rules that potentially has an adverse impact on one of the other two leagues, that burns my biscuits.

I'm perfectly fine with the AHL basically operating as two leagues until the Finals. It's the reality of it operating as three leagues, one of which gets its own set of rules that potentially has an adverse impact on one of the other two leagues, that burns my biscuits.

I can't think that this different schedule thing is a long term solution. They'll have to either increase the Pacific's amount of games, reduce the rest, or meet in the middle eventually.

San Jose Snowflakes of the Silicon Valley would more apropos.

Only if there's a nebulous, overcapitalized tech company named Snowflake.

Thinking about it, this is pretty much how it has been operating. I mean, look at the Amerks. PLayed 10+games against the divison, plus about the same against Syracuse. just make the games equal and we can go back to what we had before.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Stockton Heat & Bakersfield Condors to play outdoor game at Raley Field in Sacramento (December 18).

Hopefully they're not the only ones. Would love to see the Gulls play an outdoor game at Petco Park.

Someday...hey, I'm still waiting for my Admirals to play an "indoor outdoor" game at Miller Park.

bYhYmxh.png