Brooklyn Nets Rebrand

AAO

I like the unique color scheme. One small nitpick is the way the left side of the bridge and buildings are separated from touching the shield by the white line, but the water isn't separated by that same line. Using the Brooklyn Bridge is predictable, but that's because it is very appropriate. All in all I really like this. Oh...and the jerseys are really nice. The side panels are exactly the kind of jersey I could imagine an NBA team wearing.

Home jersey looks like those terribland Utah Jazz jerseys from 2005. Any sort of black/white Nets thing doesn't work for me. They've always been a red/white/blue team and should have remained so.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A few nitpicks on an overall solid start:

- The basketball just seems slapped on, honestly. Just making the line weight similar to the rest would be an improvement

- The left side of the crest is "confusing", for the lack of a better term. Parts of the bridge go right to the border, others are cut off. I'd go right to the edge on everything, and the wave may look less awkward as well where it meets the black.

- As ColeJ mentioned, the wordmark on the road jersey vibrates a bit and is tough to read.

I'm not really a fan of any of this. If anything, I can say the away doesn't look all too bad. Specifically font wise the away seems nice. I really dislike the font used in the primary and alternate logos and the home jersey. I'll also double on the admiral's comment in regards to the home looking much like the Jazz '05 jerseys.

Not too wild on the colours either, however I think it's more or less that I'm not a fan of the design that is deterring the likability of them.

Perhaps work a bit on the uniform designs and look into a font that might fit better for the primary and alternate logos and the home jersey. The numbers and script on the away are solid though!

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I'll agree to what most people said about the left vs right side of the logo. But I love the added blue. It's subtle enough, yet it pops enough, so fantastic job on that. Something's kind of bothering me, and I think it's the shadow on the right side of the logo, and also the basketball. But all in all, this is a FANTASTIC rebrand. And by the way, I looked at some of your other NBA rebrands, and they are completely outstanding. Great work, my friend.

I think there's too much emphasis on water. I know Brooklyn is on an island, has Coney Island and other beaches, and the Brooklyn bridge among others, but even given all that I don't think anyone really associates Brooklyn with water.

It's a clever way to Sneek some blue into the logo but think there could be a better way.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived