Players with "No Right Uniform"

SuperLeafsFan

I'll counter:

Moss' greatest year was with New England. He was on the 18-1 team and might have put up the best year for a receiver ever.

McGwire won a World Series with Oakland and hit 49 homers as a rookie there. Also spent more time there.

Kidd had two stints with the Mavs and won a title there.

Belfour won a Cup in Dallas.

But to each his own.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll counter:

Moss' greatest year was with New England. He was on the 18-1 team and might have put up the best year for a receiver ever.

McGwire won a World Series with Oakland and hit 49 homers as a rookie there. Also spent more time there.

Kidd had two stints with the Mavs and won a title there.

Belfour won a Cup in Dallas.

But to each his own.

Moss = Vikings

McGwire = A's (though this one is arguable)

Belfour = Blackhawks (don't see much debate here)

Kidd = Nets (face of the team during their only brief era of national exposure)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would argue that Moss and Befour do have a "right" uniform (Vikings, Blackhawks) but that an argument can be made for McGwire (A's) or Kidd (Mavs)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

i think belfour is an interesting case, because even as a stars fan, i agree that chicago is his "right" uniform...

however, 20 is his "right" number, and he never wore it with chicago. belfour 30 looks weird. belfour 20 looks absolutely perfect.

Adding another goalie to the list with Sean Burke. The Devils, Whalers and Hurricanes can all claim to be his right uniform.

A football example of this would be John Elway. Both eras of bronco jerseys are technically right for him.

NBA-wise, I gotta say Ray Allen doesn't have a wrong uniform now that he has won a championship with Miami.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Deion Sanders: Cowboy or Falcon?

Or 9er or raven, or brave. Am I missing any others

Yankee

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think Belfour is more of a guy with "two right uniforms" instead of "no right uniform". While he will always be primarily a Blackhawk, there's nothing odd about seeing him as a Star, as he had distinguished years in Dallas.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If we were forced to choose one for these players...

Charles Barkley? Sixers or Suns?

Is Eric Dickerson a Ram is a Colt?

Roger Clemens? Red Sox, Yankees or Astros? (no one cares about the quick stop in Toronto)

Barkley is really hard. Sixers is where he became a star, got put in commercials, was a regular on magazine covers, etc. It was with the Suns that he developed (at least nationally) in to the lovable fat guy that he is today. He was more of a bad a-- with the Sixers than later in his career. I naturally still think of him as a Sixer, and really think that's the right answer, but I get why people would say Suns. He's a perfect case for a thread like this (if I get the point of it.)

Dickerson = Rams.

Clemens = Red Sox. Whether their fans hate him or not is irrelevant. I think that most of the country associates him with that uniform. When I hear Roger Clemens, the very first image that comes to mind is his rookie baseball card, followed by him striking out his 20th batter in that game when he set the record.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know why I thought of this player right off the bat: Ricky Watters.

49ers - won a Super Bowl, scored 3 touchdowns in said Super Bowl

Eagles – both uniforms. That’s where he had his “For who? For what?” moment.

Seahawks – ended his career there

They all feel right for me.

I was a big fan of his as a kid because I thought the way he ran looked cool.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's a really good one too. I'm biased, because all I think of with him is "for who? for what?" so I can't really offer an opinion. The shame of it is that he had a good career in Philadelphia, it just was totally overshadowed by that one moment (and in hindsight, I don't really blame him - you just can't say it.)

Archived