Opinions on Miami Marlins unis 2011- to present

Angels

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been a fan. The fact was that the Florida Marlins really hadn't been a teal team since 2003. So I never saw it as the team ditching teal. I saw it as the team ditching black, white, and silver.

I'm also a fan of art deco design. So the Marlins' new look appeals to that as well.

I always loved the gray jersey with white letters, but they don't wear it. Instead they wear the black jersey which is my least favorite.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Overall, I like em. I really like the home whites. I don't like the black jersey, because I don't like the white piping. I can't get past that.

And I agree with BBVT. I love the grey jerseys, that's their best of the set. It's a shame they never wear them. This uniform manages to look subdued yet is still is unique and vibrant.

Miami+Marlins+v+Milwaukee+Brewers+4J2ROt

90758391980.gif

I have an unpopular opinion that I have enjoyed all the MLB overhauls so far. Miami Marlins really captured the spirit of Miami in what they did and they show off some city pride. I like the orange too.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

The whites and greys are ok. Don't like the black tops. I'd like to see them mix in that blue jersey that was used by the first pitch throwers from earlier this season.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I think they're every bit as bad as they were at the unveiling. The obvious answer is "they should have went back to aqua." I think the current logo is atrocious. Still, they were trying to be outlandish, but failed miserably. If you're going to be "out there" with a bunch of colors, you don't go with a freaking black hats and single-color black piping, and use black jerseys for 75% of your games. They missed a bunch of opportunities. Emphasizing the orange and maybe the light blue, and using the black only sparingly would go a long way to improve the set. The wordmarks aren't terrible, but the number font is pretty bad. These aren't the worst things to ever see a major league field, but they're not in the top half of the league today.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Ideally, I'd want them to wear orange hats, undershirts, and socks at home and use the orange alt primarily as a home alternate. Keep the black hat as an alternate, and keep on doing what they're doing with the black jersey and the gray jersey. The gray jersey was easily the weakest of the set IMO, and I'm glad that they've basically decided to use the black jersey as their road uni.

Thought they were kinda circusy looking originally with all the colors and all but honestly, I think their uniforms are a few tweaks from being not just respectable but even a modern classic like swapping teal or aqua for light blue, making the orange more coral or reddish-orange, getting rid of the yellow and having a realistically abstract looking marlin like this:

A5D0_1_20140623550108389.jpg

or this: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sa_steve/1425567097/

seeing that neon signs or huge in South Beach/Miami

Coral.gifTeal-Blue.gif

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Does anyone know why the Marlins have decided to stop wearing their Grey Jersey altogether? I have been extremely interested in knowing for a really long time now. I do agree that their Grey jersey is actually not too bad but you know what, I think it is really cool that there's one team in the Majors that doesn't wear a Grey jersey. Every team wears grey. I know that it is a baseball tradition and I hope that doesn't change but in my opinion, it would be nice if there were a few teams that did things a little different and actually used a non-grey road jersey. One more thing, the lighter blue Marlins jersey that I have seen on this site before. Is that part of their rotation? If it isn't, it should be. It's a decent jersey.

There's still things I would tweak - "Marlins" wordmark at home, orange caps/helmets/undershirts only, sans-serif numbers that actually resemble the wordmark font - but overall, in a league full of dull uniforms, red/white/blue, and navy, at least the Marlins actually tried to create a vibrant and unique look, so I have to give them props for that.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived