Opinions on Miami Marlins unis 2011- to present

Angels

I still think that teal and orange would have the way to go, though.

Needs less black.

IMO, a Dolphins-like scheme would have been nice.

Yes, it would have been perfect.

Miami-Marlins-New-Era-Fitted-Hats-NIKE-L

I would personally like to see a team do something more different instead of using a similar identity of a team in the same city.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's off topic and just another potshot.

Visit Miami, you'll see plenty of Marlins caps, flags, shirts, bumper stickers, and yes.... Random cuban guys stopping you to talk about "McGehhehehe and Redman"

They don't ask about Methodman?

wu-tang ain't nuthing ta :censored: wit

I still think that teal and orange would have the way to go, though.

Needs less black.

IMO, a Dolphins-like scheme would have been nice.

Yes, it would have been perfect.

Miami-Marlins-New-Era-Fitted-Hats-NIKE-L

I would personally like to see a team do something more different instead of using a similar identity of a team in the same city.

I think it works when there's a unique color combination involved. It seems to work in Pittsburgh, for example. That city owns and embraces black and yellow. While I wouldn't endorse the idea for just any city, it would work for Miami. The Marlins took a step in that direction when they named the team after a fish. Go ahead and go all the way. (Yes, I know dolphins aren't fish, but...)

I think the logos are great, but to have those be so colorful and then rely on black hats and jerseys seems like a waste. If I were in charge, I'd ditch all of the black and utilize the following or something close in regular game rotation (in addition to the orange):

pMLB2-12941868dt.jpg

img_2224_1.jpg

9362_royal_blue_l.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

This is a great hat in my opinion.

marlins-1995-coop-road-fitted-new-era-14

Agreed! I own one of these from a 1993 Spring Training game.

I think the logos are great, but to have those be so colorful and then rely on black hats and jerseys seems like a waste. If I were in charge, I'd ditch all of the black and utilize the following or something close in regular game rotation (in addition to the orange):

pMLB2-12941868dt.jpg

img_2224_1.jpg

9362_royal_blue_l.jpg

I'd trade my Orange Marlins jersey in a heartbeat for that Blue. *swoons*

What shade of blue is that?

Maybe colorwerex could pitch in?

PMS_3005_C_SRGB.png
Is that the same shade that the Thunder use? I checked on your site, and the eye test seems to say yes, but I'm no expert.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

What shade of blue is that?

Maybe colorwerex could pitch in?

PMS_3005_C_SRGB.png
Is that the same shade that the Thunder use? I checked on your site, and the eye test seems to say yes, but I'm no expert.

Nope - they're different.

PMS_285_C_SRGB.png

While aqua and orange would be my favorite for the Marlins, something along these lines would work, also...

1993-ud-d.jpg

This is a great hat in my opinion.

marlins-1995-coop-road-fitted-new-era-14

Still the best unis in their history. What a shame they started using black as their primary color. And the sleeveless set was great too.

marlins-jersey1993.jpg

Yes, that was an incredible set. It's a shame it only really lasted 4 seasons before they went to black hats exclusively in 1997.

I have an idea for salvaging the current set. So, they wanted to go with the "Miami at night/bright neon" theme, which would explain there being so much black in the set. Sticking with that, they could improve the set by adding more color to it. First off, swap the blue/orange/yellow out for fluorescent colors, and make those portions of the fabric shimmery.The M logo is the only letter which features the colors in such a way. So, put all the letters in the wordmarks in the same style, and maybe make the colored portions larger, so the letters appear to be glowing. Then match the numbers on the back. For example, the black jersey would have white numbers with a four-color outline. After that, drop the single-color piping for some sort of multi-color stripes on the pants (and maybe the sleeves).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived