Opinions on Miami Marlins unis 2011- to present

Angels

Yes. There is a rule against that. MLB Rule 1.11, to be exact:

(a) (1) All players on a team shall wear uniforms identical in color, trim and style, and all players uniforms shall include minimal sixinch numbers on their backs. (2) Any part of an undershirt exposed to view shall be of a uniform solid color for all players on a team. Any player other than the pitcher may have numbers, letters, insignia attached to the sleeve of the undershirt. (3) No player whose uniform does not conform to that of his teammates shall be permitted to participate in a game.

So no.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be against the rules to have some players wear blue, some wear orange, some wear yellow, some wear green at once? That might look cool. The un-uniform uniform.

NBA All-star games once was like that . pretty cool :censored:

wfl_exhibition_season_09.jpg

Reminded me of the WFL pants experiment

• 4 weeks later...

I may be biased, but i like the new black and orange jerseys, heck if the Orioles and Giants can have an orange jersey, why not Miami.

Allthough that guy sitting behind homeplate in KC during these world series are really making the jersey and (Miami fans) look bad, who the hell is that guy ? and why does he have a Marlins jersey on, facepalm !

I may be biased, but i like the new black and orange jerseys, heck if the Orioles and Giants can have an orange jersey, why not Miami. Allthough that guy sitting behind homeplate in KC during these world series are really making the jersey and (Miami fans) look bad, who the hell is that guy ? and why does he have a Marlins jersey on, facepalm !

It's a bit strange. He's sitting in a $3,500 seat and has worn the same shirt two nights in a row. On top of that, it's the jersey of a random team that's not in the series.

I may be biased, but i like the new black and orange jerseys, heck if the Orioles and Giants can have an orange jersey, why not Miami. Allthough that guy sitting behind homeplate in KC during these world series are really making the jersey and (Miami fans) look bad, who the hell is that guy ? and why does he have a Marlins jersey on, facepalm !

It's a bit strange. He's sitting in a $3,500 seat and has worn the same shirt two nights in a row. On top of that, it's the jersey of a random team that's not in the series.

webWSGame1cco20141021%203384.jpg

And the story on this guy - no kids, no wife, workers' comp lawyer from south Florida, I might even be slightly jealous of him.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansas-city-royals/article3227237.html

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Jesus Christ, and he moves that visor around the whole game, up, down, sideways, something is wrong with this guy, and the orange is very distracting.

They are also very close to the players behind home huh?

So just like the other ballpark dimensions, the area behind homeplate also varies greatly from park to park ?

The thing I don't get is, the Royals hadn't been to a World Series in 29 years, so this is obviously a huge deal for the people of Kansas City. Anyone who could afford season tickets in the first row behind homeplate is rich to begin with. So what butthole sells those seats for the first World Series game in 29 years on StubHub? I mean, he couldn't have sold them to another fan he knew? Given them to someone at his law office who might want to go? With as pissed off as the Royals seemed to be about his presence, I wouldn't be surprised if they revoked the seatholder's tickets for next year. I know the Red Sox have at least threatened to revoke tickets rights to those who scalp.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

And the story on this guy - no kids, no wife, workers' comp lawyer from south Florida, I might even be slightly jealous of him.

Ha, he's at game 3 right now, and wearing the same exact same Marlins gear. This time he doesn't look out of place in the sea of orange.

Ha, he's at game 3 right now, and wearing the same exact same Marlins gear. This time he doesn't look out of place in the sea of orange.

He mentioned somewhere he has 6.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

He's just representing his team. If I had tickets to this years World Series I'd wear Phillies gear.

He's just representing his team. If I had tickets to this years World Series I'd wear Phillies gear.
Of course you would, Phillies fans are know for being that awesome :)

Anyway, what´s nice about the Marlins jerseys are the numbers on the back, other teams have drop shadows and what not, Miami have some speciel layering on their numbers, pretty unique in the league.

Archived