The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the deal with this George Strombolopoulos douche? I'm highly distrustful of grown-ups in skinny jeans and earrings. They really phased out Ron McLean to make room for a Sensitive Bro? It's a new Canada, for sure.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What's the deal with this George Strombolopoulos douche? I'm highly distrustful of grown-ups in skinny jeans and earrings. They really phased out Ron McLean to make room for a Sensitive Bro? It's a new Canada, for sure.

Didn't your mother teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. He's a very nice man.

Teal's Proud Father

Say what you will about him (and I'm sure you will), he's actually a great interviewer. He just never matured look-wise past his v-jay years on MUCH.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

strombo.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

George Stroumboulopoulos could be the James Dean of Canada. He’s cool, good looking, loves to go fast and gives off a rebel vibe. Host of CBC TV’s popular George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight and CBC Radio’s The Strombo Show, Stroumboulopoulos is most content when experiencing life on the edge. This rebel however brings his passion to important social and environmental causes that take him to such far flung places from the high Arctic, the earthquake torn streets of Haiti to conflict-torn Sudan. The multiple Gemini awarding winning host has interviewed everybody from Richard Branson, Sarah Palin, Tom Cruise to Hillary Clinton and Coldplay. Stroumboulopoulos, now a vegan and who gave up booze and drugs twelve years ago, is happiest on his BMW F800 GS motorcycle, packed with fresh fruit, cruising the open road with his favourite music blaring. Scented pillows and butler service is not his style. You are more likely to find Stroumboulopoulos staying in a dive motel in a sketchy part of town singing Billy Idol’s Rebel Yell.

No, I'm sorry, people who look like that and act like that get my defenses up. No human being is this perfect and well-rounded. There's gotta be some darkness somewhere. Maybe he touches kids, I dunno.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Remember what happened to the team that demolished the Kings the last time they raised the banner?(This is all I've got :P)

In what dimension throughout the Milky Way are these Sharks the equivalent of the 2013 Chicago freakin' Blackhawks??? :D

Anyway, it was all that opening night hooplah. Kings were hungover after its summer with Stanley, Wingels and Niemi played superbly well, people are still getting used to the dimmed lights at Staples Center and it's only the 2nd week of October. Meh, just the 1st of 82 games out of the way.

Remember what happened to the team that demolished the Kings the last time they raised the banner?(This is all I've got :P)

Sharks will never win. You know they always choke on their own stupidity (or sticks, whatever you prefer). They're the Hawks of the NHL.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Tierney and Mirco looked pretty solid in a debut where I was anticipating a little bit of a letdown for the Kings faithful. Man, that Wingles breakaway though. That's how you get the bread and the butter right there.

No mention of the shoulder patch the Kings had? Your main logo already looks pretty square and then you have another square right by it up top. It makes the uniform a little lopsided and not as aesthetically pleasing. A better alternative would be to have stars either above the logo like the European soccer teams do or have an armband item of some kind. Even the busy patch with the actual Cup would look better.

And let's remember one important thing - The Sharks may have the best fans, but they didn't save the freaking sport. Now that takes talent!

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

No mention of the shoulder patch the Kings had? Your main logo already looks pretty square and then you have another square right by it up top. It makes the uniform a little lopsided and not as aesthetically pleasing. A better alternative would be to have stars either above the logo like the European soccer teams do or have an armband item of some kind. Even the busy patch with the actual Cup would look better.

Meh. I didn't find it irritating for the Kings to have such a minimalist patch/banner. Yes, it's a copycat of Carolina's banner style, but being champion in the 1st place matters more than how you'll show it for the rest of time, at least initially.

But yeah, if the league gave the option, I'd have the defending champion don the patch of the Stanley Cup caricature, the way the defending NBA champion dons the Larry O'Brien trophy patch during the 1st couple of games. Same wishes for baseball's champion and the Commissioner's Trophy, and the Super Bowl winner and the Lombardi title patch during Week 1 of the following season.

I'd also go with Euro-football style scudetto stars to represent multiple Stanley Cups per team, but then again, Montreal's left shoulder would be filled with stars on their sweaters.

THANK YOU! I can't stand the guy. His entire schtick has been "I have piercings and earrings, I'm deep and edgy." Which got him far with the CBC because it's the CBC. He's very edgy if you're a bloated government beurocracy.

If there's one thing about the new Rogers NHL deal that I just cannot stand it's that George :censored: ing Stroumboulopoulos. I'll happy swallow everything else if they'd just get him off my tv.

The Ducks uniforms look way better with the duckfoot.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

No, I'm sorry, people who look like that and act like that get my defenses up. No human being is this perfect and well-rounded. There's gotta be some darkness somewhere. Maybe he touches kids, I dunno.

He's secretly a huge Drake fan.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

strombo.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

George Stroumboulopoulos could be the James Dean of Canada. Hes cool, good looking, loves to go fast and gives off a rebel vibe. Host of CBC TVs popular George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight and CBC Radios The Strombo Show, Stroumboulopoulos is most content when experiencing life on the edge. This rebel however brings his passion to important social and environmental causes that take him to such far flung places from the high Arctic, the earthquake torn streets of Haiti to conflict-torn Sudan. The multiple Gemini awarding winning host has interviewed everybody from Richard Branson, Sarah Palin, Tom Cruise to Hillary Clinton and Coldplay. Stroumboulopoulos, now a vegan and who gave up booze and drugs twelve years ago, is happiest on his BMW F800 GS motorcycle, packed with fresh fruit, cruising the open road with his favourite music blaring. Scented pillows and butler service is not his style. You are more likely to find Stroumboulopoulos staying in a dive motel in a sketchy part of town singing Billy Idols Rebel Yell.

Funny you say this. When I was in my final year of high school. 2006, there was this girl in my French class who went on a couple dates with him. She's some sort of model now, but the fact is she was barely legal at the time. He's one weird dude.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived