The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

Good God that Sens game was boring, no flow to it whatsoever. There's been only one goal in each of the first two periods in Ottawa's games so far, at least in Nashville and Tampa the game picked up in the third.

And zone entries, it's going to be the mantra of the season for the Sens, it's mainly the reason why we can't get going on attack.

Anyone have attendance figures on that game?

Edit: TSN didn't carry highlights or updates of that Montreal-Tampa game after the first intermission, what happened there? Looks like an absolute route on paper.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panthers brass has started to use actual butts in seats as their announced attendance instead of artificially inflating numbers and they're not giving away free tickets anymore because it wasn't fair to actual ticket buyers, which as it turns out there's about as many of those as we thought. Attendance will be a train wreck this season. Like, worse than Glendale bad.

No, I think they're still using tickets distributed over butts in seats, it's just that they're not distributing quite so many tickets. They announced around 11,000 the other night and that was so not 11,000. Any way you slice it, they're pulling back the curtain (by...putting up a curtain? I'm in Metaphor Hell here) on some ridiculous numbers.
Viola has already announced that the ticket number this year will be purely tickets sold, as he is trying to cast no illusions as he rebuilds. Iirc, they are the only team counting this way. As we can see it may be too little too late but Viola is doing right so far. No freebies is a good start, IMO.

If I remember correctly, the Greensboro iteration of the Hurricanes was all about not giving away tickets and not giving discounts so that people would get used to NHL price points. It resulted in them playing to about 3,000 people a night. I don't think doing anything Peter Karmanos did is doing right.

Also, a Stamkos hat trick is what happened.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Announced attendance in Flordia was 7,311.

So 7000 season ticket holders I see.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ducks were all over the Sabres today. Shots were close to 30-10 at one point. And I knew that Kesler was good, I knew that I always wanted Kesler, and I figured he was what the Ducks needed, but I guess I underestimated what his impact would be. He's been fantastic. Three games, but still his effort in the face-offs, on the power play, killing penalties, physicality, and I'm actually surprised at his scoring touch (scored on a penalty shot today). Can't wait for the full season with him. He's going to be one hell of a weapon once the playoffs come around.

---

And Panthers... oof. That's almost indescribably bad. And a 1-0 loss the boot? Yuck.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Christ, Edmonton, even the Washington Generals manage to make it look competitive for a few minutes here and there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wait... Buffalo/Carolina was the NBCSN game tonight? ...instead of any of the other games in that slot like Isles/Rangers, Ducks/Flyers, Caps/Sharks, or even Stars/Blue Jackets... You went with Buffalo/Carolina? ...and it went to extra shootout? ...Oof.

I hope your patented Buffalo ratings surge was worth it, NBC.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

How come they don't pronounce his name as GEER-ginn-sinsh? I thought the terminal s in Lettish was always pronounced "sh," like Sandis Ozolinsh (whose name was spelled Ozolins in Lettish).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived