The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

The Islanders' recent run of stinkiness has me concerned.

I concur. I hate the Rangers & I really like Tavares... it would be pretty sick to see the Isles win Cup #5 final year at Uniondale. Pretty very f'n sick.

(I hate the Habs & Bruins & pretty much every other playoff team except maybe the Kings*)

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The intent to blow rule is dead! (From the San Jose - Philadelphia game)

Rule 38.4 (viii) "The video review process shall be permitted to assist the Referees in determining the legitimacy of all potential goals (e.g. to ensure they are "good hockey goals"). For example (but not limited to), pucks that enter the net by going through the meshing, pucks that enter the net from underneath the net frame, pucks that hit the spectator net prior to being directed into the goal, pucks that enter the net undetected by the Referee, etc. This would also include situations whereby the Referee stops play or is in the process of stopping the play because he has lost sight of the puck and it is subsequently determined by video review that the puck crosses (or has crossed) the goal line and enters the net as the culmination of a continuous play where the result was unaffected by the whistle (i.e., the timing of the whistle was irrelevant to the puck entering the net at the end of a continuous play)."

This also means that the puck can go in after the whistle and still count if no play after the whistle affected it going in, which is a little odd, but does make some sense.

The Islanders' recent run of stinkiness has me concerned.

I concur. I hate the Rangers & I really like Tavares... it would be pretty sick to see the Isles win Cup #5 final year at Uniondale. Pretty very f'n sick.

(I hate the Habs & Bruins & pretty much every other playoff team except maybe the Kings*)

I would mark the hell out if the Isles won the cup this year. I'd even be happy with a trip to the ECF. Which would be the farthest they have gotten since the early 90s.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Sabres are getting upset the fans have started rooting against them. Can't say I agree with them. Sports are a business guys and if people don't like the way you're producing, they're gonna let you know.

http://deadspin.com/in-a-whole-new-low-buffalo-fans-cheer-sabres-loss-1694015501

This is why I've never been a huge fan of tanking or deliberately rooting for your team to lose to maybe get a better pick. Sure, you might land the next generational talent, but what's more likely is you do serious harm to the culture inside the dressing room and around organization, which only creates more losing.

I remember in the final game of the 2012 season, the Leafs were in a situation where if they won, they ended up with the 5th pick, and if they lost, they ended up with the 6th pick. I knew it was better if they lost the game, but I couldn't bring myself to cheer against the Leafs (especially since they were facing Montréal), so while I hoped for a loss, I didn't even watch the game. This year? I've been a part of Tank Nation for a solid 25 games now, and was actually rather upset last night when they tied Ottawa late in the game and then won in overtime.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

So what's the best slogan for tanking? I can't think of something quite as easy as Suck for Luck, but I have a couple of ideas.

Cave it for McDavid

Be a Goner for Connor

Dive for the Otter

Honestly, I think that the draft order should just be a straight-up lottery. All teams 1-30 get one ball. Don't give any incentive for tanking, and force teams to play as well as they can.

Dishonor for Connor is the best I've heard.

We never used to do this before Suck for Luck and then later that year Fail for Nail. Every other one since those two have been a stretch.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Dishonor for Connor is the best I've heard.

We never used to do this before Suck for Luck and then later that year Fail for Nail. Every other one since those two have been a stretch.

There was Taylor vs. Tyler in 2010. I guess that's different, but still.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I have no effing idea how Paquette's knee survived that crash into the net but praise be to Left Shark that it did. Great to have him on the ice tonight.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived