The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Sens issue with shots allowed continues this season, all five games they've given up 30+, letting 40 get to Lehner.

But I don't think the defense has stayed the same, a lot of shots were from the point and from bad angles, and there weren't many scoring chances apart from when Columbus had the momentum.

Plus, both goalies are looking like absolute rocks, Lehner goes to 2-0 with a 1.92 GAA and a .950 S%.

That's a pretty expensive protest.

It is expensive (hell, even with a fake), but that's why I like it. If it were people throwing water bottles, it wouldn't mean nearly as much.

A lot of people say if you don't like it, don't come to the games.

Truth be told, if those individuals go see a game and decide to throw a jersey on the ice anyway, they're going to be ejected from the building, and likely blacklisted and possibly banned from any future games. So either way, their presence may not be for very long, one way or the other. But I'm not 100% sure if those are indeed the consequences or not.

(Incoming hockey rant)

You know what grinds my gears? NHL games on Sundays during football season.

I noticed that there are four NHL games Sunday and one on Monday. Sunday hockey during football season is THE WORST.

This annoys me, especially so after last week when I was able to watch afternoon hockey (COL/BOS, ANA/BUF) while wading through all the football jibber-jabber.

I mean, you have some decent games (ANA/STL, SJ/NYR) that are gonna get buried amidst football Snday.

Monday night- literally the only games that night are the MNF HOU/PIT and Lightning/Oilers. Not exactly worth planning my night around.

Seriously, the NHL needs to put more of these games on Monday than Sunday.

SJ/NYR, MIN/LA and STL/ANA are all good enough games to not get shoved to the background on football Sunday.

I'd rather watch those games on a Monday instead of the Texans/Steelers potentially uninteresting game.

Why not have more Monday matinee hockey. I mean, god forbid we have SOMETHING in the afternoon to do besides listen to talking heads go on and on about football.

Put SJ/NYR on a Monday afternoon, put the games in California at night.

But seriously- is the NHL so worried about ONE football game as opposed to almost a dozen?

GET IT RIGHT, NHL. Sundays are for football during football season. Mondays should not just be about ONE football game.

(end of rant)

And next week- FIVE NHL games on Sunday vs. two on Monday. SJ/ANA is a game I want to see, but between GB/NO and WS G5 barring a sweep- it's gonna be too hard.

Personally, I'd just not bother with NHL games on Sunday until the majority of football season ends. I have no problem with early afternoon games on SB Sunday, though.

But after that, Sunday games are a perfectly fine alternative to roll-of-the-dice college basketball and NBA/ABC games that feature only a few teams.

(End of rant)

Yeah, everybody's taking off work on a Monday for Sharks-Sabres. Well, I guess in Buffalo, they wouldn't have to, but still, dumb idea.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And also suspended indefinitely by the NHL.

Hey Roger, look at what Gary did. Interesting concept, right?

In fairness, Gary did screw up the Varlamov situation last year, so let's not start hyping him up quite yet.

As for Voynov, I sure hope the Kings have learned from the Ravens' mistakes. If this accusation turns out to be truthful, Voynov needs to be cut, period. Let's not embarrass ourselves by trying to cover it up, begging the league office for leniency, etc.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And also suspended indefinitely by the NHL.

Hey Roger, look at what Gary did. Interesting concept, right?

In fairness, Gary did screw up the Varlamov situation last year, so let's not start hyping him up quite yet.

As for Voynov, I sure hope the Kings have learned from the Ravens' mistakes. If this accusation turns out to be truthful, Voynov needs to be cut, period. Let's not embarrass ourselves by trying to cover it up, begging the league office for leniency, etc.

Perhaps more evidence is present this time around than with Varlamov, and that coupled with the NFL's recent run lead to this action.

But yes if true this man should be exiled from the league, though he'd likely make a living in the KHL afterwards.

untitled-6.jpg

The first Oiler game I don't watch is the first they win. *sigh* I really wanted to watch them this year.

Stay away from the TV the whole year and they might win the cup.

The Habs second round playoffs last year, they'd literally score every time I stepped out to the point I got superstitious about it and wouldn't watch the first period so they'd get an early lead.

sig.png

The first Oiler game I don't watch is the first they win. *sigh* I really wanted to watch them this year.

Stay away from the TV the whole year and they might win the cup.

The Habs second round playoffs last year, they'd literally score every time I stepped out to the point I got superstitious about it and wouldn't watch the first period so they'd get an early lead.

I have superstitious tendencies too. Sometimes, I feel like if I shout at the TV, truthfully expressing what they should do, I think maybe they'll listen.

They actually scored a few, immediately after I got off of twitter and statred focusing on the game, shouting at them.

I know it's all pure coincidence, but you get a funny feeling when it actually makes a difference.

Archived