Miami Hurricanes Football Concept

GriffinM6

As a life long fan of the Canes, I've seen so much film and pictures from the glory days. Miami wore the same uniforms while winning their first 4 of 5 championships. Looking back on those times and seeing how mediocre Miami has been since 2003 with all these modern uniforms, I've been longing for the Canes to return to the classic look. While it looked great, there were some flaws. I decided to match up all striping on the white areas and include the font introduced in 2000. I also used black cleats and socks, which were reintroduced this year. I also included a green helmet just to change things up a bit, and besides, Miami does have a history of wearing green helmets before.

54vrtk.jpg

2m803gk.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

As a life long fan of the Canes, I've seen so much film and pictures from the glory days. Miami wore the same uniforms while winning their first 4 of 5 championships. Looking back on those times and seeing how mediocre Miami has been since 2003 with all these modern uniforms, I've been longing for the Canes to return to the classic look. While it looked great, there were some flaws. I decided to match up all striping on the white areas and include the font introduced in 2000. I also used black cleats and socks, which were reintroduced this year. I also included a green helmet just to change things up a bit, and besides, Miami does have a history of wearing green helmets before.

54vrtk.jpg

2m803gk.jpg

All I can say is that it looks nearly perfect for Miami! B)

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Griffin - As a fellow FSU Seminole fan, I gotta say the following: Great job on the concept. That would look much better. Coo green helmet too. However, on the sleeves of the white road jerseys (as well as the white pants' stripes), I prefer the green stripe in the middle and the orange stripes over and under, just like on this pic:

Reed_Slideshow.jpg

Anyways, keep up the good work! And when I saw the green jersey/orange pants combo; hope to see more combos such as the orange jersey with green pants combo or an all-white combo or an all-orange combo or an all-green combo or a green jersey with white pants.

P.S.: I prefer the 2000 to 2003 Canes jersey set with the unique horns stripes on the sleeves, which WAS an original jersey template design before other schools (like New Mexico St. or New Mexico or Oregon St. or Portland St.; even the ARENA's L.A. Avengers once used it) used it too.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Griffin - As a fellow FSU Seminole fan, I gotta say the following: Great job on the concept. That would look much better. Coo green helmet too. However, on the sleeves of the white road jerseys (as well as the white pants' stripes), I prefer the green stripe in the middle and the orange stripes over and under, just like on this pic:

Reed_Slideshow.jpg

I think I am one of the few that likes the block numbers MIA used here. My high school wore a similar set as this in the late 90s

I think I am one of the few that likes the block numbers MIA used here. My high school wore a similar set as this in the late 90s

Did it had a drop shadow trim effect too? Just curious. Anyways, the only 'block number' format I would like is the ones like the ITM Machine font. Just saying. But each to their own when it comes to personal tastes.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

As a lifelong Canes fan as well, I've struggled with the coming up with a concept for them. I always find myself arguing over going back to those uniforms, but I'd wanna find a way to include the design of the 01 team. I think you have done the Canes justice with these uniforms. The only criticism is that the orange needs to be a brighter orange.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

Did it had a drop shadow trim effect too? Just curious. Anyways, the only 'block number' format I would like is the ones like the ITM Machine font. Just saying. But each to their own when it comes to personal tastes.

I said the block numbers but I meant the drop shadows. Our home and aways were just like that except ours were orange and black.

Reed_Slideshow.jpg

Anyways, keep up the good work! And when I saw the green jersey/orange pants combo; hope to see more combos such as the orange jersey with green pants combo or an all-white combo or an all-orange combo or an all-green combo or a green jersey with white pants.

P.S.: I prefer the 2000 to 2003 Canes jersey set with the unique horns stripes on the sleeves, which WAS an original jersey template design before other schools (like New Mexico St. or New Mexico or Oregon St. or Portland St.; even the ARENA's L.A. Avengers once used it) used it too.

Thanks, but I hate FSU's guts (not as much as Florida's though). And I agree, the 2001 champs set wasn't bad, but I just think that the look I was basing this on was classic and had a chance to be a Bama or Notre dame type uniform and last forever.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Thanks, but I hate FSU's guts (not as much as Florida's though). And I agree, the 2001 champs set wasn't bad, but I just think that the look I was basing this on was classic and had a chance to be a Bama or Notre dame type uniform and last forever.

You're welcome. I can understand and respect your opinion, but I hope you like the tweak suggestions I explained to you (while keeping the classic template format).

Archived