Great Sports Moments "Ruined" by Terrible Uniforms

AHcreative

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the case of the Stars/Sabres, I wouldn't say the moment was 'Ruined' but that I would have liked to see that series with the old black jerseys. Dallas had been using black as their primary road jerseys since they came to Texas until the '99 playoffs when they suddenly switched course.

Hell, when Dallas played Buffalo earlier that season, they still wore the old road unis:belfour04.jpg

Ruined? No. But... would have like to see that instead.

Those were the worst Stars uniforms... Blur your eyes and there's no green.

I'd rather no green than garbage design, IMO their current uniforms and kelly green of the first year are better but that was still alright.

A garbage design is one that places black next to a shade of green so dark it might as well be black

In the case of the Stars/Sabres, I wouldn't say the moment was 'Ruined' but that I would have liked to see that series with the old black jerseys. Dallas had been using black as their primary road jerseys since they came to Texas until the '99 playoffs when they suddenly switched course.

Hell, when Dallas played Buffalo earlier that season, they still wore the old road unis:belfour04.jpg

Ruined? No. But... would have like to see that instead.

Those were the worst Stars uniforms... Blur your eyes and there's no green.

I'd rather no green than garbage design, IMO their current uniforms and kelly green of the first year are better but that was still alright.

A garbage design is one that places black next to a shade of green so dark it might as well be black

black-west1.jpg

b7efd7879b73c293b1627881c9b24f700e03560e

Disagree with this. The Stars' jerseys are undeniably great, and Buffalo's late 90's jerseys compliment them well.
I most certainly deny those Stars uniforms' "greatness".

I thought that both of these uniforms were top notch.

Those Stars uniforms were great.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The Chevy logo was a joke, in fact LA's never had a good logo IMO.

A joke ? Then why do i see tons of folks rocking caps and jerseys with that logo on ?

Everybody just have bad taste perhaps ?

Because it's retro and retro is "in", plus having a popular color scheme and being worn by the greatest player of all-time helps, plus the Kings bandwagon is huge right now and seems to be loaded with hipsters who don't wanna be "mainstream" by wearing the current logo.

And then there are some people who just have bad taste, the camo hats are popular as well but they're sure as hell not a good design.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

The Chevy logo was a joke, in fact LA's never had a good logo IMO.

A joke ? Then why do i see tons of folks rocking caps and jerseys with that logo on ?

Everybody just have bad taste perhaps ?

Because it's retro and retro is "in", plus having a popular color scheme and being worn by the greatest player of all-time helps, plus the Kings bandwagon is huge right now and seems to be loaded with hipsters who don't wanna be "mainstream" by wearing the current logo.

And then there are some people who just have bad taste, the camo hats are popular as well but they're sure as hell not a good design.

Lets see if you dare say that to NWA or Eazy (RIP)

:-)

No mention of Roethlisberger yet??

I think of those uniforms as the Tequila Sunrise of football. They're not great uniforms, but they're awesome enough that fans like them. I'll still take these over them an day though.

steelers-75-anniversary-throwbacks-flick

Those yellow helmets kill the look for me. If they used their current helmet with that set, IMO its an upgrade what they're wearing now (especially the pants). This post may be eligible for the unpopular opinions thread

GO NETS.

Also, I wouldn't say this "ruined the moment" but the moment would of looked a hell of a lot better (both times) if the Giants never switched their away's to the 49er-replicas and they kept their previous set with the blue collar and red numbers with the blue outline when we beat the Pats in the two Superbowls.

GO NETS.

Also, I wouldn't say this "ruined the moment" but the moment would of looked a hell of a lot better (both times) if the Giants never switched their away's to the 49er-replicas and they kept their previous set with the blue collar and red numbers with the blue outline when we beat the Pats in the two Superbowls.

This isn't correct. They switched to the current away uniforms before both of the super bowls. Nice try though.

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

This isn't correct. They switched to the current away uniforms before both of the super bowls. Nice try though.

That's exactly what he said. He wishes they wore the previous road uniforms when they won the two Super Bowls. Nice try though.

That's exactly what he said. He wishes they wore the previous road uniforms when they won the two Super Bowls. Nice try though.

Thank you rxmc, you're right. Maybe I worded it poorly or I just shouldn't post anything right after waking up.

Thejblee, nice try though.

GO NETS.

Archived