Federal Hockey League's Watertown Wolves Logo Unveil

fufkin

The eyes and nose are a direct rip from UCONN

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

A quick Google search and you'll find that it was "designed" by Atomic Sign Works in Watertown, NY. It's pretty obvious that they started out with Fraser's UConn logo and tried to change it enough in hopes no one would notice, but they still left the core of the face, eyes, brow, nose, mouth shape relatively unchanged. Ignore that the ears are changed (poorly) and the outer shape of the head is more spikey, or that the teeth are different, or that they added unecessary gray lines, this is indeed a rip-off. Every notch or edge in UConn's logo is here, just that they moved the lines a little here and there, and added an extra outline. As one final attempt to disguise their rip-off they compressed the whole thing vertically just slightly. I bet the team is unaware of this and thought they were getting a legitimate unique logo. Some people may say they changed it enough to pass, but I still find it sketchy.

I saw the new Watertwon Wolves of the Federal Hockey League logo and I saw the new UConn Huskies logo in it. Did the have permission from UConn to use it or did they "borrow" it? I am wondering if anyone has info on this at all? borrowed.png

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

They definitely started from the UCONN logo... look at the very specific curves in the black-white border around the face. They gave it their own flourishes, like extra mean teeth and bunny ears, but it's definitely "borrowed".

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/100441-federal-hockey-leagues-watertown-wolves-logo-unveil/#entry2311135

Try scrolling down please..thread already exists regarding this. Sorry.

Enjoy a merged thread. :)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived