LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 4 VOTING

pollux

I received 25 entries for the alternate uniform event of LOGOLYMPIAD 2014! However, I have to disqualify 7 entries out of those. Please make sure to read the rules as most of the DQ'ed entries were removed because of small issues.

The requirements for the Alternate Uniform event were:

With the fiasco that is the Signature Uniforms from Reebok for the CFL, the league has asked you to correct the situation. Design an alternate uniform for any active team in the Canadian Football League.

• You must use an existing logo from the chosen team. It can be the primary logo or any secondary logo associated to the team.
  • You must submit a helmet, a jersey, pants and socks for your uniform.
  • The front and the back of the jersey must be displayed in your submission.
  • Use a template showing the jersey as if it was laying flat on a surface. Do NOT submit your entry on a 3D template, as it will be disqualified.

List your 3 favorites, ranked 1, 2, 3.

The poll closes on Monday, September 22nd, 12:30PM Eastern Time (three days from now).

Entries

Entry 1

Entry 2

Entry 3

Entry 4

Entry 5

Entry 6

Entry 7

Entry 8

Entry 9

Entry 10

Entry 11

Entry 12

Entry 13

Entry 14

Entry 15

Entry 16

Entry 17

Entry 18

Disqualified entries

Griffinmarlins's entry - 3D template

72freebie's entry - No footer space left

dirtyspacenews's entry - Logo behind the helmet was not allowed

dsaline97's entry - Submitted on 860 x 600

jaker52's entry - Submitted on 600 x 700 and no footer space left

macalesterscots's entry - Text on the submission (socks, side detail)

scottysprings's entry - Sublimation was not allowed

Reminder

The voting will be open to public voting once the event is officially over. Once the finalists have been posted in the event thread, voting will be open for 3 days.

Judging is open to all board members registered BEFORE August 1st. This is to ensure no one is voting for themselves under an alternate login.

Members may vote once per event and may not vote for their own entry (I'll know if you did, and will not count your vote). You may not disclose the identity of any of the designers of the entries until voting closes.

Voting will be via the 3-2-1 points method. Voters will be asked to post their choice for a gold, silver and bronze winner. Gold votes are worth 3 points, Silver worth 2, Bronze worth 1.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is getting tougher to vote on these. I only saw a couple I liked in this one, to be honest. The BC Lions that was disqualified for being on a player would've received a medal from me, but rules are rules... I guess. Based on the one's that were left, only one stood out at me as the gold medal winner.

GOLD - ENTRY 12

SILVER - ENTRY 15

BRONZE - ENTRY 3... by a hair over 4th

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Some of the DQs seemed like perfectly normal features of alternate uniforms (logo on back of helmet, text, sublimation), and that 2D/3D one was a tough call, with really the only 3D part of it being the shoes and maybe the helmet on the face.

That said, here are my votes:

Gold: 6

Silver: 15

Bronze: 10

(difficult choice for Bronze)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived