LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 4 VOTING

pollux

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The list of colors were referred to as a guideline so I didn't realize that meant no other colors were allowed, especially when it says the colors of the logo can be changed. Additionally, if you change the rules of the event after originally posting the rules/guidelines you should reflect those changes in the original post to avoid confusion. davidmiller5 also makes a good point that submission #12 uses a sublimated pattern on the numbers and was not disqualified.

I feel this is a good point. That being said:

Gold: 10

Silver: 9

Bronze: 17

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Gold: 2

Silver: 15

Bronze: 6

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Yikes. Ye mighty hammer of judgment falls heavy on the denizens of the Logolympics.

I'm a little disappointed at the stringency of the rules, but hey, not my call to make. I would give the feedback that the rules were are a bit vague for this one, and I'm still unclear as to why the logo on the back of my helmet warranted disqualification; the rules mention using any primary/secondary logo from the team, but was unclear regarding the inclusion of supporting imagery (not for nothing, that banner was pulled from an early Argos logo, but I digress). Just the same, great work all around! Alt jerseys aren't my strong suit so this was a good stretch.

h188eng.gifB67CaTa.gif

D7vsnqb.png

Here are the medals for the Alternate Uniform event!

AlternateUniform_Bronze.png

The bronze medal for this event goes to ECAdesign, for Entry 17.

AlternateUniform_Silver.png

The silver medal goes to rsaline, for Entry 12.

AlternateUniform_Gold.png

And the gold medal goes to eRay, for Entry 15!

Please copy the medals and host them on your account if you want to add them to your signature.

List of participants and points tally:

1 Lights Out

2 LMU

3 batgrenade1

4 officeglenn

5 mattb6

6 GeauxColonels

7 lancealot

8 3pointtally

9 drdougfresh

10 LEWJ

11 thelegend5

12 rsaline

13 nas1787

14 kewp80

15 eRay

16 aeargle

17 ECAdesign

18 derschwigg

Event4Results.png

Full album here

MedalCount_Event4.png

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

As for the rules, I feel like you were unfairly inconsistent about using other colors. If you're gonna DQ one person for using colors not listed in the prompt, you need to DQ all of them. Entries 11 and 18 used gradients, which automatically makes new colors, and number 17 used another shade in the plaid on the collar. I personally think that since it's an alternate uniform, people should have been allowed to go a little wild, but you said those colors only, and you let some through that didn't follow your rules.

Edit: and as other people are saying, there are sublimated chevrons on the numbers in entry 12

Two of those medalists would have been DQed by your rules, Pollux. It's not fair to DQ some and not others for the same rule.

Now that the vote is over, I will give insight as to why those entries made it.

Entries 11 and 18 did use gradients, but the basis of a gradient is to go from one colour to another. Check out SSUR and the official colors for the Jacksonville Jaguars and their gradient helmet, or even the Vancouver Canucks from 2001-2006 with their gradient third jersey. Are all the colors between one end of the gradient to the other listed as official colors? Of course not. Logic here is that if both end colors are allowed, then gradient between those two is allowed as well.

Plaid is the result of intertwining two threads of fabric together:

diamond-supply-co-spring-2010-miner-plai

I saw the diagonal pattern (albeit faint) where the red and black would meet, and concluded that it was not a new color but rather showing the plaid pattern. Here we could argue whether it was the right call or the wrong call, it's debatable.

I'll be completely honest with Entry 12, I did not see the pattern in the numbers when I looked at it at first. I have to be really close to my monitor to actually see it, so I missed it. I'll take the blame on that one.

As for the results, I didn't twist anyone's arm to vote for those entries. If you thought they should be disqualified, then don't vote for them (which is what you actually did). I'm not influencing or deciding who medals go to, I'm simply tallying up points.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Its kind of fun to win! To be honest, looking at my entry, it does come across as sublimation, however, that wasn't my intent. I was trying to create a number that would be the same color, but have large ridges that would reflect the light differently, almost like a lenticular print. Thanks for the votes though!

• 2 weeks later...

I missed voting for this one--but some fun stuff.

It wouldn't have changed the voting, as far as I can tell, but my favorites were 6, 10 & 12.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived