Should MLB Spring Training teams have their own brand?

RoughRiders99

This is something that just popped up in my head just now.

What if each MLB teams' spring training teams/location/etc have their own branding?

Like for example, instead of the Chicago Cubs, they could be the Mesa Solar Sox. The Tampa Bay Rays could be the Port Charlotte Sand Crabs.

Yes, I know they're already team names in the Arizona Fall League/Florida State League, but do you see where I'm going with this?

Obviously, I know this probably would never happen in real life because in spring training, there's going to be over 100 players and coaches roaming the complex and it's easier (and cheaper?) to use the major league's batting practice jerseys.

What do you guys think??

Sorry if this seems a little sloppy, but that's because I just thought of it five seconds ago and I'd like to share it with you guys!

From what I understand the way it works is everyone reports to spring training. A, AA. AAA, and majors. And they're all on he Yankees cubs Red Sox arc. Then at the end of spring training they are assigned to a team. So it that sense there is only the Yankees and no Scranton rail riders or whatever until the season starts.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Our dearly departed McCall pretty much nailed it.

That would be akin to different brands for NHL/NFL/NBA preseason. Plus, my guess is getting people to go to the game for the Chicago Cubs works better than the Mesa Solar Sox.

(also, pretending that this would work, I don't think they'd ever throw "Sox" into the Cubs spring training name)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived