the admiral

Please ban hammer don't hurt 'em

2,416 posts in this topic

Clearly my approach of avoiding the ban hammer by, well, not posting at all, is a winning idea.

Oh :censored: , this is a post, isn't it?

5 people like this

Not to question the mods, but what did McCall do to get banned? I understand Phantomdreamer's and wonderbread's bannings, but I didn't notice McCall doing anything out of the ordinary. Unless it was in some threads I wasn't looking at.

And FWIW, I'm pretty sure that Angels is a dupe of Rays. Same....sentence....structure and that same piece of code on the top of his posts when he quotes.

McCall was the one who was egging Phantomdreamer on. He has been punished before for similar conduct and he hadn't learned to knock it off.

It's a shame about McCall because I've always felt that he's one of the more talented designers here, but he just had to be such a peen to everyone he thought was beneath him (who often weren't beneath him at all). I suppose it's hard to participate on a website that consists of talking to people when you're thoroughly incapable of talking to people.

I miss most of the stuff that gets people banned, I think.

EDIT: To wit, I was going to start a thread the other day called "Your Favorite CCSLC Rivalries" and it was going to go "mine are HedleyLamarr versus BlueSky, dfwabel versus Tank, and McCall versus anyone who has the misfortune of not being McCall," but then I forgot about it and now here we are.

2 people like this

It was in the MLB thread. Phantomdreamer was going on about how the Mariners need to bring back the star/trident logo and McCall kept sniping at him every chance he could.

Oh, and Angels' IP address is clean.

I miss most of the stuff that gets people banned, I think.

That's mainly why I asked. It seems that most times I see a new post that's a ban or a suspension, I have no idea why that happened.

There a been a few that I know why or times that I can make an educated guess, but I seem to miss the "incident(s)" that warrants a ban.

Double post because I'm in phone.

It was in the MLB thread. Phantomdreamer was going on about how the Mariners need to bring back the star/trident logo and McCall kept sniping at him every chance he could.

I'm not doubting that McCall didn't deserve one nor doubting the mod procedure.

And that's weird about Angels, because there's remarkable similarities in the posting styles. But I'm not one to question mods or IP addresses and I'm sure that you guys are on the up and up in regards to that stuff.

So that's why. A lot of members who recently got banned were veterans of these boards, and I didn't notice any behaviors that would cause offence. Of course, I don't read all of their posts, and there are many threads that I don't click on. Not to question whoever decides the verdict to ban or to suspend someone, but many bans have been quite a surprise to me.

Edit: Monkeypower's summary is pretty much the same thing that I feel.

I wouldn't call PhantomDreamer or wonderbread "vertans" of the board.

PhantomDreamer was banned because he has history of spamming MLB-related threads with his "star and trident"/"ultimate baseball look" nonsense. He was warned and suspended before and kept at it after his last suspension ended.

With McCall and wonderbread? Both were antagonizing PhantomDreamer and making an already bad situation worse then it had to be. We talked about diciplining, not banning, those two members. During those discussions we realized both members had an established history of antagonistic behaviour despite repeated warnings.

We voted to ban both of them after viewing their recent actions in the contexts of their entire histories here.

We're not trying to "make a statement" or anything like that. All three bans stemmed from the same incident in the MLB season thread. Three bans at once may seem harsh, but it was an unusual situation from the get-go.

Do I think we went overboard with any one punishment? No.

*insert sarcastic goldmine statement*

"HEY UR NEW HERE LOLOLOLOLOLO"

Every time.

EDIT: To wit, I was going to start a thread the other day called "Your Favorite CCSLC Rivalries" and it was going to go "mine are HedleyLamarr versus BlueSky, dfwabel versus Tank, and McCall versus anyone who has the misfortune of not being McCall," but then I forgot about it and now here we are.

Phantomdreamer vs. wonderbread was so nasty that they both got banned.

Every time.

Well when you're fairly new, and act like you know everything about the CCSLC and how it works, people tend to hate you. This is coming from a person who thinks they're still kinda new to these boards.

Guys I'm sorry, but this is why I never come around here anymore. Arguing over baseball logos? Seriously??? I really think that anyone whos is arguing/getting themselves ban/banning people over MLB logos just needs to take a step back and relax, realize it's just a logo and it makes such a little difference in this world.

As for Wonderbread being ban, IMO that harms these forums, he was one of the best C&C givers in my opinion.

I'm sorry, I know I'm new and there is people here who have been around much longer than me, and I respect that. Just sharing my thoughts. Thanks.

Every time.

Well when you're fairly new, and act like you know everything about the CCSLC and how it works, people tend to hate you. This is coming from a person who thinks they're still kinda new to these boards.
It's not even that. It's that most of the time those "Goldmine" comments are made in threads that have, maybe, one or two funny posts. So you see some new guy come in and go "LOL Goldmine" in a normal thread and your first reaction is "this person is trying too hard."

Sorry for making two posts in such a short amount of time, but I have something to add:

You guys really NEED to take the post counts off the forums. I cannot stress how many people make worthless posts because they think the look better with a bigger "post count". Yes I see how that's a way of judging seniority, but new most members, when they first join (myself included at a time) think that post count makes you look better, cooler, and wiser. Obviously that's not how it works. Some earn pretty quickly, others take much longer. The truth is that the longer you are around here and the more quality posts/concepts you make, the higher your reputation is around here.

Sorry to rant, I just think post counts are causing a lot of the problems around here. That's just my 2c, take it or leave it.

1 person likes this

I am going to miss the indignation when a differing logo/uniform opinion arises.

1 person likes this

I agree with removing post counts, but that's because I'm embarrassed by mine. When I turn 40 and wonder why I've accomplished so little, I'll be able to pretty much accurately account for the minutes I've wasted.

1 person likes this

Every time.

Hell, I've been here for 4 years and I still consider myself new. Mind you, I only post occasionally and have longs periods of time where I don't post too often. It's not like I have a huge presence on this site (and I'm fine with that).

I am going to miss the indignation when a differing logo/uniform opinion arises.

It'll, at the very least, make this forum more bearable for the Cardinals inevitable deep playoff run.

That guy was the Cardinalyest Cardinals fan that ever Cardinaled.

2 people like this