the admiral

Please ban hammer don't hurt 'em

2,252 posts in this topic

Was Mings the one that got pissed he wasn't mentioned in some "best boards friends" thread or something? Or did I make that whole memory up? Oh well. Fine guy, but I won't miss his forced, overly-sexual comments in the wrestling threads.

I'd still have a beer with Mings.

Who knows, I may even have a second.

Pardon me if I'm exhuming a dead discussion, but it was revived last week so I think I'm still fine.

On 11/14/2016 at 9:51 AM, Nyk33 said:

I think I'm good on this front. I'll just see you all again next year when we have a thread discussing the European Elections.

On 11/14/2016 at 7:56 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I've looked into the group PM idea. Problem is that there's a limit on ten people. And while it's perhaps good to be a bit limiting when it comes to that topic? I think there's more than ten people who could contribute.

I've always regretted how the nastiness of US political talk spoils the potential to have what I like to think would be more tame discussions about local/European/Canadian politics. Especially with the Tory/NDP leadership races, upcoming elections in BC and Ontario, and the recent fallout of electoral reform, I think there'd be a lot of room for good discussion. If a thread is a no-go, I'd be very much down for a group PM, given that there are maybe half a dozen regular members who talk Canadian politics.

(Me, Cap, Magnus, Morgo, and 2001mark come to mind.)

1 person likes this

On 2/2/2017 at 9:17 PM, DDR said:

Was Mings the one that got pissed he wasn't mentioned in some "best boards friends" thread or something? Or did I make that whole memory up? Oh well. Fine guy, but I won't miss his forced, overly-sexual comments in the wrestling threads.

The short version of the story starts here...

Umm what going on here?

Screenshot_2017-02-26-22-45-36.png

Same thing as just about every new member trying to make a name for themselves here. B)

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Looks like Thomas got the boot, for good.

I was surprised because he didn't seen to have a bad reputation or anything.

But i did see the several comments he made that led to his banning, before they were edited. I don't blame members for being upset over those insults.

There should be a "loser leaves the board" match between feuding members who would otherwise both be facing a ban. 

6 people like this

27 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I was surprised because he didn't seen to have a bad reputation or anything.

he had literally the worst reputation

3 people like this

12 minutes ago, the admiral said:

he had literally the worst reputation

He was Almighty, JasonFromMiami, Rays, Angels, and TomTucker (to name a few). The guy has built up a repertoire of dupe accounts posting in his crappy style (bad jokes, horrendous grammar, a barrage of smileys, and odd views regarding masculinity). 

4 people like this

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

He was Almighty, JasonFromMiami, Rays, Angels, and TomTucker (to name a few). The guy has built up a repertoire of dupe accounts posting in his crappy style (bad jokes, horrendous grammar, a barrage of smileys, and odd views regarding masculinity). 

This is one time that i didnt catch on to him for that. What did he first come here under? i always knew him initialls as the jasonfrommiami person