the admiral

Please ban hammer don't hurt 'em

wildwing64    1,142
6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I don't think I've ever seen a poster who was as blind to sarcasm or as willing to pettily belittle their fellow posters as Rollins Man.

"The facts that you're presenting to counter my arguments are all wrong! My opinion is the right one and I'm gonna make sure you know it!"

infrared41    3,626

I have an actual question about moderating for the mods. Are you all assigned or choose specific areas of the board to monitor? Is it set up that, say, Mods A & B cover SiG and the Lounge, Mods B & C cover Concepts and Sports Logos, and so on. Or do you all cover all parts of the boards? I ask because it seems like the areas I frequent most around here are "covered" by...let's call them Mods A, B, C, and D and I rarely, if ever, see anything (posts or otherwise) from Mods E, F, and G . Just curious if that is by design and that's why I see some mods a lot while rarely seeing the others. 

Whatever the case, it's not an issue or a complaint. It's just a "I wonder how that works" question. 

Atomic    642

My understanding is that we have free-range of the boards. I can't speak for the other mods, but personally I try to focus on areas I frequent more than others (save for Fantasy Sports that is). 

nash61    845

I'm still trying to figure out if he was actually Steven Grant, or if he just used Grant's concepts as templates.

His work in the Concepts section seemed below standard for what I'm used to from Grant, and he's seemed pretty normal in his posts on HJC.

RollinsMan:

Avalanche Classic2.png

Steven Grant:

StevenGrant-COL(deEdge).png

habsfan1    1,236
On 20/04/2017 at 8:31 PM, DiePerske said:

Surprised he didn't get a straight ban. 

According to the vote process and how it played out, he came very close.

wildwing64    1,142
7 hours ago, nash61 said:

I'm still trying to figure out if he was actually Steven Grant, or if he just used Grant's concepts as templates.

His work in the Concepts section seemed below standard for what I'm used to from Grant, and he's seemed pretty normal in his posts on HJC.

Probably just using Grant's template. And/or mistaking Grant for an Avs player :P

I could be wrong but I believe he already had an account here. Also, note the presentation of Grant's work. There's more thought and effort in his designs. And then the use of a grey background and personal branding, whereas RollinsMan used only a blank white canvas.

BringBackTheVet    4,084

1.  I still think this is one of the best thread titles we've had here.

2.  What's the longest suspension that someone's actually come back from and started posting again?  Has anyone ever come back after being suspended for a full year?

Grant94    55
On 4/21/2017 at 5:20 PM, nash61 said:

I can confirm he's not me.

I don't know why he always used GRANT 94 on his concepts, maybe it was just a coincidence.

infrared41    3,626
52 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What's the longest suspension that someone's actually come back from and started posting again?  Has anyone ever come back after being suspended for a full year?

Good question. I know it it were me, I'd be too embarrassed to come back after being suspended for a year. I seriously considered not coming back after being suspended for a month. 

BringBackTheVet    4,084
23 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Good question. I know it it were me, I'd be too embarrassed to come back after being suspended for a year. I seriously considered not coming back after being suspended for a month. 

I don't think it's embarrassing - maybe for the first day, but after everyone's "LOL you're back?" post, they'll forget and it'll just be business as usual.

I just mean that after a year of not posting, I think I'd totally lose interest altogether and have found other things to occupy my time, so much so that even once the suspension is over, I wouldn't care.  I could see hanging on for a month - especially if you retain read-only access, but six?  12?  I think I'd've moved on by then.

DiePerske    440
16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't think it's embarrassing - maybe for the first day, but after everyone's "LOL you're back?" post, they'll forget and it'll just be business as usual.

I just mean that after a year of not posting, I think I'd totally lose interest altogether and have found other things to occupy my time, so much so that even once the suspension is over, I wouldn't care.  I could see hanging on for a month - especially if you retain read-only access, but six?  12?  I think I'd've moved on by then.

You can still read most of the boards, as long as you aren't logged in. 

I do agree though, I'd lose interest. 

HedleyLamarr    1,278
49 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Sean Payton came back after a year's suspension.

But yeah, coaching an NFL team isn't quite on par with posting on the CCSLC.....

Ice_Cap    7,414

Rollins Man will either forget about this place entirely or he won't. Simple, I know, but there it is.

Now a year is a long time, behaviourally speaking. Plenty of time to get mad at his suspension and call us all sorts of names. Plenty of time for him to think it over. Maybe reflect on why he was banned.

My hope is that if he doesn't forget about this place? He's calmed down and realises what he did wrong. 

If he comes back and wants to contribute to the community positively? No one will even bring his suspension up.

infrared41    3,626
52 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Sean Payton came back after a year's suspension.

But yeah, coaching an NFL team isn't quite on par with posting on the CCSLC.....

Yeah, even with the lunatics that bounce in and out of here, the average CCSLCer is still nowhere near as looney as the average NFL coach. B)

HedleyLamarr    1,278
2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Yeah, even with the lunatics that bounce in and out of here, the average CCSLCer is still nowhere near as looney as the average NFL coach. B)

Nowhere near as wealthy, either.

nash61    845
On April 22, 2017 at 8:31 PM, Grant94 said:

I can confirm he's not me.

I don't know why he always used GRANT 94 on his concepts, maybe it was just a coincidence.

This makes me happy. Figured you were above that, glad it turns out you are.

Bucfan56    3,584
On 4/22/2017 at 4:53 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

1.  I still think this is one of the best thread titles we've had here.

2.  What's the longest suspension that someone's actually come back from and started posting again?  Has anyone ever come back after being suspended for a full year?

Purple caught himself a nine month suspension and came back... Only to get banned like two days later. 

McCarthy    6,366

dbadefense was suspended for two weeks and then never came back again.