the admiral

Please ban hammer don't hurt 'em

2,462 posts in this topic

Exactly what was posted in the announcement: started a thread to bash a poster here. Nothing more, nothing less. 

The thread was subsequently removed. 

2 people like this

Yeah, either ignore or work it out with someone if they're bugging you. Dedicating a thread to bashing them isn't helping anyone, and it won't end well.

6 people like this

No activity for nearly a year and he comes back to bash another member for no reason. That's kind of sad.

5 people like this

13 hours ago, monkeypower said:

What's this thread about a member darkjourney got suspended for?

That's one you'd have had to have been at the right place and right time for (and I was not...I'll have to live with not knowing...)

52 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

(and I was not...I'll have to live with not knowing...)

Same here.

I saw the thread but still have no clue what prompted it. Whatever prompted it was probably more in his head than anything else. Very strange.

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That's one you'd have had to have been at the right place and right time for (and I was not...I'll have to live with not knowing...)

I guess so.

I was more wondering about the context of the thread. Like who was it about, what prompted it, why the need for a thread, etc.

17 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I guess so.

I was more wondering about the context of the thread. Like who was it about, what prompted it, why the need for a thread, etc.

There was no need.

Just someone being a jerk. The mods jumped to action and took care of it. Literally nothing of note.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, monkeypower said:

What's this thread about a member darkjourney got suspended for?

Never mind. Already answered. 

1 person likes this

I don't know what prompted it. It seriously seemed like he didn't like that DG wasn't interested about the NBA playoffs and that somehow set him off.

He and another member had been trading jabs across a couple threads, for a few hours. Pretty tame stuff, from the threads that I saw. Dude just escalated the whole thing beyond what was acceptable. The Mods hopped on it pretty quickly, and it was one of the easier suspension calls I've seen.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I guess so.

I assume it was started due to some spat they had in the NBA Playoffs thread.  DG probably said something about the Warriors, DarkJourney didn't take too kind to it, and there it went.

The thread was....odd.  A total of three posts with under five collective words.  Titled something like "Thread where we discuss why we hate DG", the lone word in the opening post was "Yes", the next post was that gif of the guy eating popcorn, and the final post was IceCap saying "No".

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

I assume it was started due to some spat they had in the NBA Playoffs thread.  DG probably said something about the Warriors, DarkJourney didn't take too kind to it, and there it went.

The thread was....odd.  A total of three posts with under five collective words.  Titled something like "Thread where we discuss why we hate DG", the lone word in the opening post was "Yes", the next post was that gif of the guy eating popcorn, and the final post was IceCap saying "No".

It was an exercise in short form poetry. 

1 person likes this

On 4/20/2017 at 0:01 AM, AndrewPF said:

That's probably one of the seven funniest things I've read on this forum in the ten years I've been kicking around. That's just excellent.

What were the other six?

2 people like this

Sigh, well, okay, some of mine are "what the hell is ccslc," the meteoric rise of Tank, "I know New Orleans is the french state but why do you have to mix bee with fluer de lis?", "as a fan I'm not a fan," and forever #1 with a bullet, NicoTan, the smoking-cessation suntan lotion. 

On 6/12/2015 at 1:26 AM, the admiral said:

HDwmAoA.jpg

Here it is, my favorite post of all time. How do you feel about logos? I'm in favor of them!

EDIT: to clarify, NicoTan is the funniest idea, conceptually speaking, but this post is the best post, if you dig.

3 people like this

18 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Sigh, well, okay, some of mine are "what the hell is ccslc," the meteoric rise of Tank, "I know New Orleans is the french state but why do you have to mix bee with fluer de lis?", "as a fan I'm not a fan," and forever #1 with a bullet, NicoTan, the smoking-cessation suntan lotion. 

A few of mine...(I'm not going to search through eleventy-billion posts to find the actual quotes so I'm paraphrasing here...)

Q. What's the best use of black?

A. '47 Dodgers. - the admiral

"This from a guy who pisses out the window..." - I can't remember who came up with that jewel.

Realigning the calendar in the Pointless realignment thread - BBTV's work in that one is some of his very best.

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

"This from a guy who pisses out the window..." - I can't remember who came up with that jewel.

I need to find the context for this.

50 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I need to find the context for this.

Best I can remember, it went something like this...

Person A: I do all these things to make sure I don't bug my GF while she's sleeping. 

Person who pissed out window: That's too much effort.

Person C: This from a guy who pisses out the window because he doesn't want to bug his roommate. 

Obviously, it was a more detailed than that, but you get the idea. 

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

EDIT: to clarify, NicoTan is the funniest idea, conceptually speaking, but this post is the best post, if you dig.

1 person likes this

I mean, it's something Dr. Nick Riviera would have on I Can't Believe They Invented It!

"As a fan, I'm not a fan" was so good because I knew exactly what he meant but it still looks and sounds ridiculous.