the admiral

Please ban hammer don't hurt 'em

2,462 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, the admiral said:

"As a fan, I'm not a fan" was so good because I knew exactly what he meant but it still looks and sounds ridiculous.

Exactly. Yogi Berra would have been proud. 

"what the hell is ccslc?" has to be the all-time champ.

Another (underappreciated) classic was "I believe same-sex marriage should be between a man and a woman."

9 people like this

I only know "as a fan I'm not a fan" as a reference.  What was the context?

30 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I only know "as a fan I'm not a fan" as a reference.  What was the context?

I think it was in response to a new uniform or logo. The person was a fan of the team that went with the new look, but not a fan of the team's new look. His response to the whole thing was "as a fan I'm not a fan." 

38 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Another (underappreciated) classic was "I believe same-sex marriage should be between a man and a woman."

Yeah, that was one of our finer moments. 

My all-time favorite came from the famous Monica Bisordi thread.  The thread was already a few pages deep and I believe a couple days old.  McCall had already fallen in love with "Monica", the whole thing had already blown up into who Monica really was, etc.  Some random guy who clearly hadn't read the entire thread (or at least the last few pages) simply saw someone was a new member and posts "Welcome to the board!".

4 people like this

30 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

My all-time favorite came from the famous Monica Bisordi thread.  The thread was already a few pages deep and I believe a couple days old.  McCall had already fallen in love with "Monica", the whole thing had already blown up into who Monica really was, etc.  Some random guy who clearly hadn't read the entire thread (or at least the last few pages) simply saw someone was a new member and posts "Welcome to the board!".

Yeah, those moments where some innocent bystander wanders in are always pretty good. The same type pf thing happened during the Calendar realignment bit. We're talking about December making trades with August, October 18th being killed in an accident, etc., and some poor bastard wanders right into the middle of it and presents his idea for realigning a soccer league. 

WAIT A MINUTE:

Pro Logo / PILL is still an active member and still posting concepts?  I could have sworn he was banned over a decade ago.

4 people like this

47 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Yeah, those moments where some innocent bystander wanders in are always pretty good. The same type pf thing happened during the Calendar realignment bit. We're talking about December making trades with August, October 18th being killed in an accident, etc., and some poor bastard wanders right into the middle of it and presents his idea for realigning a soccer league. 

On 3/23/2010 at 3:54 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

October 18th killed in drunk-driving accident

This is nothing short of tragic. The 18th was a key player near the middle of October's order. Not sure if October will be able to remain in the 31 division, or have to move down to the 30-day conference. Who cares about that - a great month just lost a very great day.

RIP, October 18th.

We are all Octobers.

6 people like this

Man, the first 10 or so pages of that stupid realignment thread are great.

On 3/25/2010 at 1:01 AM, infrared41 said:

This just in... May has made a trade with December. May has acquired December 26th and December 1st in return for May 25th and future considerations. Rumor has it that December is clearing payroll in hopes of signing July 4th when the 4th hits the free agent market after the season

Details and analysis after the game on Sportscenter.

On 3/25/2010 at 8:04 AM, crashcarson15 said:

Interesting, December 26th was a liability for the December team. I think this is a good trade for December.

On 3/25/2010 at 8:57 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

December 26 is the biggest retail return day of the year but it's also one of the biggest sales days due to the post Christmas sales. I wouldn't call him a liability.

That being said, with the state of the economy and retail sales as a whole in the past few years, December has been taking a bath, and is just trying to slash payroll no matter what.

It wouldn't shock me if Christmas was available for the right price (top-tier prospect holidays, like Steak and BJ day - holidays that are in their infancy, but could blossom into full-fledged Hallmark days.)

If Chaunakkah (sp) was on the same day every year, all of it's days could probably be had in a large package deal, possibly a three-month trade.

On 3/30/2010 at 11:53 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

The Vitamin D Memorial Conference:

• Members I Genuinely Like Division
  • Members Who I Never Agree With But Still Respect Division
  • Members Who's High Brow Brand of Humor Never Ceases to Amuse Me Division
  • Members Who Are Just Kinda There - If They Died, Nobody Would Notice Division

The Nick Conference:

• Members I Don't Like Division
  • Members I Can't Stand And Cringe When They Reply To One Of My Posts Division
  • Members I Think Are Total Idiots Division
  • Spammy Division

Obviously, there are some scheduling challenges, as the Spammy division has only one member, while the total idiots division has thousands. Haven't quite worked that part out yet. Also, each division (other than the Spammy division) has teams all over the world. Primarily in North America, but also in every continent except Africa (right?) and Antarctica (unless a penguin or two has joined recently.)

I'm not sure if there would actually be games, or playoffs, or if I, as the commissioner, would just appoint a champion.

Feel free to design logos for each conference and division.

One of my all time favourites is DeFrank's "EXPLOSIONS AND FOOTBALL"

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

I loved how when the cat was finally out of the bag his only response was basically, "Aww damn, I guess this IP changer doesn't work dur hur." 

God that guy was such a creepy idiot that added SO much random fuel to our trash talk. Taking his cousin to prom, the Applebees chick he met online, the Bisordi incident, ripping on his moms jacked up feet, his sports "accolades", blatantly cheating in weird little contests. Not even surprising he served as much time as he did for being a monsterous creep. Pretty sure he's STILL locked up. 

"Ever think there's more than just what you see?"

YES. That's the creepy part!

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I loved how when the cat was finally out of the bag his only response was basically, "Aww damn, I guess this IP changer doesn't work dur hur." 

God that guy was such a creepy idiot that added SO much random fuel to our trash talk. Taking his cousin to prom, the Applebees chick he met online, the Bisordi incident, ripping on his moms jacked up feet, his sports "accolades", blatantly cheating in weird little contests. Not even surprising he served as much time as he did for being a monsterous creep. Pretty sure he's STILL locked up. 

"Ever think there's more than just what you see?"

YES. That's the creepy part!

Didn't he also post thong pics of his internet girlfriend?

That would be Applebees girl. 

On 5/20/2017 at 3:12 PM, LMU said:

Didn't he also post thong pics of his internet girlfriend?

Are we mixing McCall and Nick (from Colorado)?

On 5/19/2017 at 10:46 PM, Ice_Cap said:

My role in this is embarrassing. It became my member title about 6 seconds after reading it. The only way it could've been better is if he left off the question mark because for some inexplicable reason questions written by knuckleheads become 5 times funnier when they don't use a question mark. 

For the record, I'm right. The Florida Panthers don't look like the Montreal Canadiens. 

5 people like this

On 5/20/2017 at 0:33 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

WAIT A MINUTE:

Pro Logo / PILL is still an active member and still posting concepts?  I could have sworn he was banned over a decade ago.

I had to look this up. I thought you were bullsharting.

I'm impressed. All his "goldmine-worthy" antics were 10+ years ago.

Damn, I've been here too long.

1 person likes this

"what is this im in phone" needs to be somewhere on the list. That everyone began saying "I'm in phone" seriously after that made me laugh all over again. 

8 people like this

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

"what is this im in phone" needs to be somewhere on the list. That everyone began saying "I'm in phone" seriously after that made me laugh all over again. 

The fact that I've gone on to use this in real life conversation should speak to its power.

6 people like this