the admiral

Please ban hammer don't hurt 'em

Tigers6884    299

To wit, I was going to start a thread the other day called "Your Favorite CCSLC Rivalries" and it was going to go "mine are HedleyLamarr versus BlueSky, dfwabel versus Tank, and McCall versus anyone who has the misfortune of not being McCall," but then I forgot about it and now here we are.

Admiral, I love your sarcastic posts like this.

Tigers6884    299

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the quality of my posts? Am I a well contributing member of these forums?

Opening up the boards after waking up and finding out that I've missed out on the action is like waking up, looking at the newspaper and seeing a major headline.

OnWis97    2,305

Opening up the boards after waking up and finding out that I've missed out on the action is like waking up, looking at the newspaper and seeing a major headline.

Except all the good stuff's been deleted and you never really read about what happened.

vicfurth    372

Except all the good stuff's been deleted and you never really read about what happened.

This is why I actually miss the graveyard. It gives the veterans a scoop as top what happened and shows the new members what wrong looks like.

McCarthy    6,834

Why ya gotsta hate, Mac? :P

Because year after year a bunch of faceless white dudes, and Yadier Molina put on the Cardinals uniform and then are magically a good baseball team that goes deep into the playoffs. Then goobers like McCall behave as if they're responsible for the Cardinals success and become more offended than anyone's ever been at anything if you suggest that maybe you're a little tired of the Cardinals and the condescending "baseball the right way" approach the entire organization, fans especially, have to the game.

I don't choose to hate. Hating chose me. :D:lol::P

nash61    869

Somewhere, Monica Bisordi is weeping unconsolably.

I get the whole idea behind banning people due to fights on the forums, but I thought that's what the warning posts were for. I thought the whole point of the warning post system was to advise people about harassing one another. Seems to me that the new Mods are trigger-happy.

By the way, is the trident logo that bad?????? :P

speedy    77

It's a shame about McCall because I've always felt that he's one of the more talented designers here, but he just had to be such a peen to everyone he thought was beneath him (who often weren't beneath him at all). I suppose it's hard to participate on a website that consists of talking to people when you're thoroughly incapable of talking to people.

I miss most of the stuff that gets people banned, I think.

EDIT: To wit, I was going to start a thread the other day called "Your Favorite CCSLC Rivalries" and it was going to go "mine are HedleyLamarr versus BlueSky, dfwabel versus Tank, and McCall versus anyone who has the misfortune of not being McCall," but then I forgot about it and now here we are.

Good stuff. Keep on keeping up the great work.

Guys I'm sorry, but this is why I never come around here anymore. Arguing over baseball logos? Seriously??? I really think that anyone whos is arguing/getting themselves ban/banning people over MLB logos just needs to take a step back and relax, realize it's just a logo and it makes such a little difference in this world.

As for Wonderbread being ban, IMO that harms these forums, he was one of the best C&C givers in my opinion.

I'm sorry, I know I'm new and there is people here who have been around much longer than me, and I respect that. Just sharing my thoughts. Thanks.

Seriously? Not to pile on but he was one of the worst there was around here. Just simply posting to post - no constructive help whatsoever. Surprised he last this long.

Because year after year a bunch of faceless white dudes, and Yadier Molina put on the Cardinals uniform and then are magically a good baseball team that goes deep into the playoffs. Then goobers like McCall behave as if they're responsible for the Cardinals success and become more offended than anyone's ever been at anything if you suggest that maybe you're a little tired of the Cardinals and the condescending "baseball the right way" approach the entire organization, fans especially, have to the game.

If this isn't the best slogan for St. Louis Cardinals baseball I don't know what is.

Tigers6884    299

By the way, is the trident logo that bad?????? :P

Not really that bad, but PhantomDreamer kinda ruined it for all of us. He knew about his incoming ban, because mods had been warning him for months and he had been suspended before for similar behavior.

CS85    5,387

DelayedGroundedBadger.gif

I LOVE THAT POST

infrared41    3,722

It was in the MLB thread. Phantomdreamer was going on about how the Mariners need to bring back the star/trident logo and McCall kept sniping at him every chance he could.

He got banned over that? When I saw he'd been banned, I went to his profile and clicked on posts. It took me right to his exchange with PhantomDreamer in the MLB thread. My first thought after reading those posts was "it must have been something other than this."

nuordr    493

It was in the MLB thread. Phantomdreamer was going on about how the Mariners need to bring back the star/trident logo and McCall kept sniping at him every chance he could.

He got banned over that? When I saw he'd been banned, I went to his profile and clicked on posts. It took me right to his exchange with PhantomDreamer in the MLB thread. My first thought after reading those posts was "it must have been something other than this."

I thought the same thing, but maybe some posts were deleted that we are not aware of being posted.

Just out of curiosity, did these guys receive warning points first? How many does it take to get suspended? Once you receive a warning post, are you restricted from posting for a set amount of time? I don't plan on getting any warning points, but I do like to know the rules. Thanks

McCarthy    6,834

I don't have a problem with PhantomDreamer getting banned for his trident-trolling. It was every post, every thread, and he brought nothing to the conversation other than that. He was a troll, plain and simple.

Though that is the goofiest trolling I've ever seen someone get banned.

Side note: I like this open discourse about a banning(s).

infrared41    3,722

EDIT: To wit, I was going to start a thread the other day called "Your Favorite CCSLC Rivalries" and it was going to go "mine are HedleyLamarr versus BlueSky, dfwabel versus Tank, and McCall versus anyone who has the misfortune of not being McCall," but then I forgot about it and now here we are.

Of your numerous finer moments, that had the potential to be the finest. Oh well, maybe next time.

dbadefense1990    368

If this isn't the best slogan for St. Louis Cardinals baseball I don't know what is.

St. Louis Cardinals: "We're the Freddy Krueger to your suffering and tortured baseball team's dreams!"

nightmare-of-elm-street-o.gif

sc49erfan15    896

I am going to miss the indignation when a differing logo/uniform opinion arises.

It'll, at the very least, make this forum more bearable for the Cardinals inevitable deep playoff run.

That guy was the Cardinalyest Cardinals fan that ever Cardinaled.

That can't be. Don't you know we are all Cardinals?

Mockba    1,205

Et tu, Niner?

St. Louis Cardinals: "We're the Freddy Krueger to your suffering and tortured baseball team's dreams!"

nightmare-of-elm-street-o.gif

:lol::wub:

habsfan1    1,339

I don't have a problem with PhantomDreamer getting banned for his trident-trolling. It was every post, every thread, and he brought nothing to the conversation other than that. He was a troll, plain and simple.

Agreed about PhantomDreamer. And everybody seems to be pondering about the decision to give McCall the axe as well.