Washington Capitals 2015 Winter Classic jerseys revealed

HotWheelsdude

Wrong section, Im sure there's a thread on this in the Sports Logos section.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm new to this site. No there is not. But I put in the right section this time. Can somebody delete this?

HotWheelsdude, the thread a lot of us have been using is the thread named "2014-15 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes". In that thread, we talk about all the new NHL jerseys that are released as well as any jersey news that makes its way around the NHL Jersey Grapevine. I hope that helps! :D

Wrong section, Im sure there's a thread on this in the Sports Logos section.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm new to this site. No there is not. But I put in the right section this time. Can somebody delete this?

HotWheelsdude, the thread a lot of us have been using is the thread named "2014-15 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes". In that thread, we talk about all the new NHL jerseys that are released as well as any jersey news that makes its way around the NHL Jersey Grapevine. I hope that helps! :D

Mega threads suck. It's perfectly fine to make separate threads for individual unveilings so you don't have to weed through the nonsense in the super thread to discuss a specific jersey and have your replies mixed in with a discussion about something totally different.

I wish mega threads didn't exost at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I get why they do, although it's important to have the discussion in both places because there are some megas that I can't be bothered with. But some are fun.

We've got the opposite problem on the 2014-15 Soccer thread - because there's a separate thread for the MLS logo unveiling, a mod is removing conversations about it from the mega.

Forcing the tip of the Washington Monument onto what otherwise looks like stock block lettering isn't doin' it for me. They probably should have just worn the red version of the 1972-1995 uniforms (god, those terrible sweaters stuck around a long time). I dislike fauxbacks meant to obviously predate the establishment of the club. Also, come to think of it, doesn't this look a lot like the Spits' logo?

I came up with a Hamilton Tigers concept that I was going to post today or tomorrow that looks sort of like this. Now if I post it, I'll look like a plagiarist. I am embarrass.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Forcing the tip of the Washington Monument onto what otherwise looks like stock block lettering isn't doin' it for me.

really you think it looks forced? i think they worked it in beautifully.

Midway just mentioned the nod to the DC flag and i dont know if anyone else pick up on that

4994-004-096A5339.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The W is meant to be clean and simple to tie together the established W worn by teams such as the Senators and the Washington Presidents who had the stripes on the shoulders and the W (without the monument detail) on their sleeves. The stars above are a direct tie to the D.C. flag which is derived from the family crest of George Washington.

seeing CWX's post of the large jersey logo, im seeing details that make me like it even more. the alteration of the As in the word mark and the angle matching of the W (and As) to the stars. it's a great concept and great execution. some of the negative comments i've seen in various places about the whole uniform blows my mind. this is as good as it gets. well done AS

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived