2014 Bowl Game Logo Changes & New Bowls

GeauxColonels

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl logo was unveiled today.

Buffalo%20Wild%20Wings%20Citrus%20Bowl.p

That's hideous. The only way this bowl gets worse is if Maryland plays Kansas and they each wear one of their several hundred ridiculous costumes.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

That's hideous. The only way this bowl gets worse is if Maryland plays Kansas and they each wear one of their several hundred ridiculous costumes.

Kansas won't make it so you're safe. At least partially.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

MiamiBeachBowl_SMK0100a_2014-9999_SCC_SR

That's really sexy.... but my only quibble is with the squared shape in there behind the goalpost that also connects to the waves. Seems unnecessary. What's it for exactly?

Looks to me to be a field goal pad. Which I'm a big fan of being included because how often to you see a naked field goal during a game? (Answer:Never)

chick-fil-a-peach-bowl.png

It really bothers me how they left the peach uncolored, and the beveled text kinda makes the bowl seem 2nd rate.

I did a shoddy edit on pdn and I think it would look miles better if they fixed those problems

15164243599_2b3094b34e.jpg

Improvement.

I love this. Everytime somebody is talking about the peach bowl it goes like this "I'm so happy that they're calling it the Peach Bowl again BUT the logo looks like a chrome apple." This would fix everything!

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Kansas won't make it so you're safe. At least partially.

Kansas has scrapped all their wild costumes since Clint Bowen took over. He was an assistant on the 2008 Orange Bowl team and they are going back to uniform combinations similar to that season. As an alum, I like this move 100%. Their "Crimson Chrome" costume was hideous.

image_handler.png

KUHawks.png

MiamiBeachBowl_SMK0100a_2014-9999_SCC_SR

That's really sexy.... but my only quibble is with the squared shape in there behind the goalpost that also connects to the waves. Seems unnecessary. What's it for exactly?

It's the top of the shield. I see the logo as a shield with the goal posts forming 2 palm trees above. Of course the question is now, why the usage of a shield? Is this some symbolic of some landmark sign in Miami Beach, kinda like the Super Bowl XXVII used the Beverly Hills shield?

NYCdog.png

It's not really inspired by that sign, which just appears to be a random sign in a median somewhere. They're both inspired by the art deco-ness of the area. It's a good, solid art deco font.

I'm sorry, but I'm probably still gonna call the Peach Bowl the Chick-fil-A bowl. It's mainly because, ever since I started watching college football, that's been the name. I will probably call it by its proper name down the road, though. Just gonna take some time to get used to it.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm sorry, but I'm probably still gonna call the Peach Bowl the Chick-fil-A bowl. It's mainly because, ever since I started watching college football, that's been the name. I will probably call it by its proper name down the road, though. Just gonna take some time to get used to it.

It was only the Chick-fil-a bowl for 8 years. I'm guessing the Citrus Bowl will forever be the Capital One Bowl for you too? I'm glad these wrongs have been corrected. Now if we could only get the Gator Bowl back.

LOL, this is pretty much the exact opposite of everyone I know. I must be getting old.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived