All-exclusive cap discussion thread

johnnysama

There's a thread about jersey collections, so why not one about caps? Here goes.

I have about 88 caps as of right now; I began my collection in August 2005 when I went to the Mitchell and Ness flagship store in Philly, and got myself the 1975-88 Baltimore Orioles cap (kinda similar to the cap they wear today). Close to nine years later, and I have quite a bit of caps, most of them of the New Era 59Fifty variety.

I do own some non-New Era caps, which encompass sports other than baseball itself. I have one rule when it comes to buying MLB/MiLB caps: Keep it real. That means, ONLY the REAL on-field model, just like the players wear. None of these fashion cap gobbledygook.

That said, I am really content with how the 59Fifty caps fit on my head. They are just the perfect fit, and don't look that squarish to me once you break them in. :)

UBwef0L.png

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my San Francisco Giants cap collection, I have World Series Champions caps from 2010 and 2012 (my 2012 cap also has an autograph from Giants owner Larry Baer), National League Champions caps also from those two years, their regular black caps, and their BP caps with an orange bill.

Here's my collection: http://on.fb.me/1fuoGbk

Most of my caps are based on unique caps not many people wear when I am out and about. I like unique caps that didn't stick around baseball that long

Yank all them stickers off and you've got yourself one helluva collection! :P

I have. Just some of these pictures were taken before I removed the stickers.

Go A's!

I have 25 total. Every Mariners' official on-field cap in history except the 1977-80 trident, a few assorted minor league and Cooperstown collection caps, and five or six from my university's baseball team. I'm about to graduate and become even poorer than I am now so that may be all for awhile :P

Side note: for those interested in collegiate caps, Richardson is the most accessible brand by far, but The Game sells some lids that are unparalleled as far as comfortable high crowns are concerned.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I have probably around 40 or more. Some are "retired," they've simply gotten too old or don't fit me any more. Some hats I have are a little big and I don't wear them that often, if at all. I have about 20 that I actively wear, and by "actively wear" I mean "have worn in the past 6 months." I wear a hat every day so I cycle them. My most recent favorite is this bad boy here that just got released this year for the Ducks' 20th anniversary:

1378328910512-999996353.jpeg

Oh and don't worry, the stickers are off all of my hats.

Most of my caps are based on unique caps not many people wear when I am out and about. I like unique caps that didn't stick around baseball that long

Dude sweet Akron Rubber Ducks hat, where did you get that?

39644_538868790808_4111665_n.jpg?lvh=1

This is a awesome Astros cap, my favorite of the team's history, sweet collection man keep it up!

As for me I have at least 30 MLB caps, with 5 duplicates, I have all MLB teams but Rangers, Pirates, Nationals, D-backs and Cubs. Do you count beanies I have at least 15 beanies. My cap collection will never stop growing because I want to collect all MLB, AAA, AA and below caps and a lot of MLB alts. (Got a lot of work to do :o )

npo_logo.png

I have 25 total. Every Mariners' official on-field cap in history except the 1977-80 trident, a few assorted minor league and Cooperstown collection caps, and five or six from my university's baseball team. I'm about to graduate and become even poorer than I am now so that may be all for awhile :P

Side note: for those interested in collegiate caps, Richardson is the most accessible brand by far, but The Game sells some lids that are unparalleled as far as comfortable high crowns are concerned.

The Game sells some lids that are unparalleled as far as comfortable high crowns are concerned.

Is there such a thing?

I never understood why New Era or anyone else started making the ridiculously high crowned hats. What is the reasoning? If you have a smaller head size, they look ridiculous and are pretty much unwearable.

The Game sells some lids that are unparalleled as far as comfortable high crowns are concerned.

Is there such a thing?

There is, believe it or not. Also, Richardson's PTS20 Flexfits come in a variety of styles, but you'd never guess they were flexfit by looking at them--they come with a nice high crown and a flat bill to form to your liking. Cushioned and comfortable.

I've got a Walla Walla Sweets cap that Is one of the most comfortable hats I own. It is made by the Game. I also have a Mizzou hat made by the Game but in the moisture wicking material. in my opinion the wool caps are a hundred times more comforrtable then the new fabrics

d7ec616cd3d922e79266108951285795.500.jpg

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I've got a Walla Walla Sweets cap that Is one of the most comfortable hats I own. It is made by the Game. I also have a Mizzou hat made by the Game but in the moisture wicking material. in my opinion the wool caps are a hundred times more comforrtable then the new fabrics

My hometown team! That's very interesting, I don't know of many people who prefer the wool caps to the neoprene-like material, but to each his own. And it's a good thing that you got yours when you did, because judging by the team site it appears that they are switching to New Era for their caps.

My hometown team! That's very interesting, I don't know of many people who prefer the wool caps to the neoprene-like material, but to each his own. And it's a good thing that you got yours when you did, because judging by the team site it appears that they are switching to New Era for their caps.

i do notice that the new caps are cooler, but thats about the only benefit

Do you think there are drawbacks with the newer caps?

Dude sweet Akron Rubber Ducks hat, where did you get that?

39644_538868790808_4111665_n.jpg?lvh=1

This is a awesome Astros cap, my favorite of the team's history, sweet collection man keep it up!

The Ducks one was a gift from a friend. I am pretty sure you can get them anywhere, especially online since they just unveiled it for this seasons.

Yeah, that Astros one means a lot to me because that was the time period when I started really getting into baseball, so it has a emotional connection with me

Go A's!

My first cap was a California Angels on field cap. I bought the year the switched, and that was my start on buying caps. I wish I would have kept my caps because I also had a Mighty Ducks cap from their early days, as well as original all teal Florida Marlins on field, Arizona Diamondbacks D on field cap, and the Anaheim Angels on field caps. When they shrunk I would clean them and then donate them to Goodwill.

Currently I have around 110 caps, with 40 of them in constant rotation. A couple of years ago I got rid of half of my collection, giving them to family and donating them. I try to get my caps on sale unless I really want an on field cap.

My collection has on fields, fashion color caps, and covers MLB/NHL/NFL/NBA/College, as well as non sports stuff like Jordan Brand, etc. Count me in the camp for folks who take off the stickers and bend the bill.

sig.jpg

Do you think there are drawbacks with the newer caps?

not as comfortable, fit a little bit weird and sit low on my head anyways

Archived