All-exclusive cap discussion thread

johnnysama

Seems a good place to ask... what is that site that has tons of minor league and low-crown New Era hats? Might even be primarily mail-order. I know I've seen it linked on this board before.

Mickey's Place

Mickey's place only has the high-crown 5950s. Tons of hats though. Good store for the classics.

Seems a good place to ask... what is that site that has tons of minor league and low-crown New Era hats? Might even be primarily mail-order. I know I've seen it linked on this board before.

www.minorleagues.com. Ordered from there a few times, always had great service. Some of the low-crown hats are stitched poorly or have bad brims, so sometimes it can be a letdown to get a great cap but poor hat construction.

I don't understand why the 5950 low crowns are not more readily available and/or popular. Pretty sure minorleagues.com and the new era website are the only places you can get them. They are very difficult to find.

I've wondered that myself. And since the neweracap.com store looks to be aligned with Lids, I'm surprised Lids doesn't make them available on its site. Maybe there's some kind of non-compete clause, which would give minorleagues.com huge leverage.

At least in my case, with a 7 1/8 hat size, the 5950 low crowns are the only feasible option for a game cap that looks decent on me. I wish they'd switch to that style for everything. I've actually heard people on more than one occasion in a lids or other places that sell regular 5950s say how stupid the hat looks when trying them on because of the high crown.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got two Stampeder caps, and one for St Andrews golf course (In Scotland--I know someone who went there & got me the cap--although I don't golf--but it is cool)

And an official Corner Gas cap.

But no pics...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

www.minorleagues.com. Ordered from there a few times, always had great service. Some of the low-crown hats are stitched poorly or have bad brims, so sometimes it can be a letdown to get a great cap but poor hat construction.

I don't understand why the 5950 low crowns are not more readily available and/or popular. Pretty sure minorleagues.com and the new era website are the only places you can get them. They are very difficult to find.

Oddly enough, the Vermont Lake Monsters seemed to only sell low-crown versions of the authentics at their park — and since I hate the low-crown look, I had to go online to order their cap in a normal 59fifty style.

As a customer, Hat Club has better customer service. Lids may have a better variety of selection, but Hat Club has more designs that I like

I really dig the Hat Club exclusive designs too (at least on their site -- I don't think they have any stores in the Northeast). Particularly how many they have that make the New Era flag go tonal...

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have much of a collection, but I do have:

* A Detroit Red Wings gray 2014 Winter Classic hat

* A Detroit Pistons Hardwood Classics state outline hat (logo cut into the shape of Michigan)

* A Toledo Walleye SnapBack (pretty much the only SnapBack I hope to own)

* A Detroit Tigers fashion cap from lids with a 1945 Tigers patch

* A Detroit Tigers bp/spring training cap (the home one with the navy blue crown and white paneling in the front)

Like I said, my collection is no where close to as cool as your guys', but hopefully more caps are on the way for me.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99
Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
Super Bowl Championship Rings I to XLVII
2014_Super_Bowl_XLVIII_Patch Available Now
Share our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~
We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!
Enjoy the best online shipping experience
www.efeelsports.ru

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99

Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.

Super Bowl Championship Rings I to XLVII

2014_Super_Bowl_XLVIII_Patch Available Now

Share our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~

We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!

Enjoy the best online shipping experiencewww.efeelsports.ru

Right..... “Nice quality".

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• 1 month later...

By fun, you mean a symbol of bad luck? Ever since the Poseidon myth, a lowered trident (in the "M" position) was considered bad luck, a symbol of defeat. Leave it on throwback night, if that.

And their current set is a symbol of champions?

Anything but, but it looks better than that. The current set is a modern classic, while those are 70's kitsch.

It looks like mlb.com stocks low crown caps now.

I really need to get my camera back so I can take a picture of my caps. It's a pretty small and focused collection. I've got every (non-patched) hat the Rays have ever worn. SnS, throwbacks, everything.

MLB

Arizona Diamondbacks

1998-2006 purple

Atlanta Braves

Home

Chicago Cubs

Current primary

Boston Red Sox

Primary "B"

Primary w/ Fenway 100 Years patch

Primary w/ 2014 World Series patch

Hanging sox alternate

2013 BP

2008 Stars & Stripes

2013 World Series champions locker room hat

Cleveland Indians

Chief Wahoo home

Detroit Tigers

Road

Florida Marlins

Black & teal bill (fashion cap)

Houston Astros

1990s navy/gold shooting star

LA Dodgers

Current primary

Milwaukee Brewers

BiG alternate

Minnesota Twins

"TC" home

Montreal Expos

1968-91 primary

New York Mets

Black & blue bill alternate

Seattle Mariners

Teal bill alternate

Pittsburgh Pirates

Current primary

San Francisco Giants

Current primary

Toronto Blue Jays

Current primary

Blue maple leaf BP

Red maple leaf BP

2007-11 "T" alternate

2008-10 throwback

MiLB

Buffalo Bisons

2012 royal w/ ASG patch

Current primary

Lansing Lugnuts

Current road

Vancouver Canadians

Current primary

World Baseball Classic

Canada

USA

Italy

NFL

Detroit Lions

Current on-field

New England Patriots

Reebok "swirl" cap

2012 Draft snapback (I only got the snapback because I liked it better than the 5950 version)

Current on-field

2013 throwback sideline toque

San Francisco 49ers

Current red on-field

NHL

Boston Bruins

2011 Stanley Cup champions locker room hat

Reebok Second Season

Buffalo Sabres

New Era royal & gold (same template as the previous MLB BP caps)

Winter Classic

2014 striped toque

Archived