All-exclusive cap discussion thread

johnnysama

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure whether I'll get around to posting pics or not....anyways, here goes off the top:

Cubs 94-09 blue/red

Cubs fashion cap all blue w/red & white piping (the bill's a bit funny on that one after I got caught in a storm one time)

Cubs red Stars & Stripes cap...it ran small, which is a bit problematic for a guy whose cap size is 8, so it generally goes unworn

Puerto Rico red WBC cap (I aint Boricua, but I got it for cheap)

Mariners navy (like the Cubs red, it ran small, only fits well after a haircut)

Bears orange/navy

Packers green/white w/gold piping, gold NFC N & Heisman on front

Bucks whiteout (purple/green antler plaque outline)

Bucks green/silver, purple-era antler plaque

Bucks red, antler plaque

Pirates black

Twins blackout, white TC outline (IIRC I'd wanted the red one, but they didn't have it in 8 at the time)

Lake Elsinore Storm camouflage

Falcons black w/red accents...had this one since about 99, sun and sweat conspired to pretty much make it brown now

this odd Virginia Tech visor, haven't really seen anything like it.

this rather thin Notre Dame toque

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Most of mine.

1235021_10152212260468942_1998548598_n.j

Please please please. Where did you buy the "Black" Jays low profile 59Fifty? I've looked for that hat for almost a year.

Check minor leagues.com

I check minorleagues.com religiously every couple of weeks and haven't found nothing. Not even on newera.com

Most of mine.

Please please please. Where did you buy the "Black" Jays low profile 59Fifty? I've looked for that hat for almost a year.

Check minor leagues.com

I check minorleagues.com religiously every couple of weeks and haven't found nothing. Not even on newera.com

This is off topic, but is minorleagues.com a legit website with high quality items or is it mostly just Chinese knockoffs?

Most of mine.

Check minor leagues.com

This is off topic, but is minorleagues.com a legit website with high quality items or is it mostly just Chinese knockoffs?

It's completely legit. I've actually done down to the store and purchased directly from them as it's right next to Angel Stadium. You would never know it's there, if you didn't know what you were looking for.

Most of mine.

Check minor leagues.com

It's completely legit. I've actually done down to the store and purchased directly from them as it's right next to Angel Stadium. You would never know it's there, if you didn't know what you were looking for.

I'll second this. I have bought from them in the past online and had great success. They were friendly over the phone when I had questions and quick delivery from CA to Florida.

• 3 months later...

If New Era is trying to

• crap out more Diamond Era hats on the shelves than the regulars
  • make you feel dumb because they probably damaged or swapped size on your hat before it was shipped to your house
  • create "new technology" kind of whatnot
  • promote the DE hats to primary use
  • promote retros more than the primaries
  • make a run for your money

(trying to fill something in since the thread was merged)

I don't mind the DE hats, they just frustrate me with the inconsistent sizing. Granted, 9/10 caps I buy are for a display collection but as someone who wears a cap regularly, a well fitting cap is becoming a rare find. This holds true across all brands though, hardly just a New Era problem.

I FINALLY found a cap I've been wanting for quite some time now.

It's an Ebbets Field Flannels reproduction of the San Francisco Seals 1949 cap. They made a similar one a few years ago, but this one has the felt front logo rather than an embroidered logo which is awesome. I own hundreds of caps, and this one is hands down the most comfortable one I own.

CBFBC927-60B9-44E6-845F-F19565D94FBF_zps

7FB69F0A-FBB7-4C35-AAD1-48A447949C26_zps

CE107EDD-B770-4FF6-89EA-278D6AC0BAD9_zps

I got it from the EFF flagship store in Seattle, which is AWESOME, BTW. They have a big discount in jerseys this month and I'm seriously considering picking up a Seals 1933 Joe DiMaggio jersey.

Just bought this a few months ago too, I feel the same way.... Love it! It's my first Ebbets cap and it is way more comfortable than any 5950 I've ever worn. Would love to see the flagship store one day.

How would you guys compare the fit between this and a New Era 59FIFTY? Do the sizes fit about the same between brands? I've been so close to pulling the trigger on an EFF cap for awhile now, but hate purchasing a brand I've never tried on.

I FINALLY found a cap I've been wanting for quite some time now.

It's an Ebbets Field Flannels reproduction of the San Francisco Seals 1949 cap. They made a similar one a few years ago, but this one has the felt front logo rather than an embroidered logo which is awesome. I own hundreds of caps, and this one is hands down the most comfortable one I own.

CBFBC927-60B9-44E6-845F-F19565D94FBF_zps

7FB69F0A-FBB7-4C35-AAD1-48A447949C26_zps

CE107EDD-B770-4FF6-89EA-278D6AC0BAD9_zps

I got it from the EFF flagship store in Seattle, which is AWESOME, BTW. They have a big discount in jerseys this month and I'm seriously considering picking up a Seals 1933 Joe DiMaggio jersey.

Just bought this a few months ago too, I feel the same way.... Love it! It's my first Ebbets cap and it is way more comfortable than any 5950 I've ever worn. Would love to see the flagship store one day.

How would you guys compare the fit between this and a New Era 59FIFTY? Do the sizes fit about the same between brands? I've been so close to pulling the trigger on an EFF cap for awhile now, but hate purchasing a brand I've never tried on.

The Ebbets caps are not as deep in fit which means the crown is not high like the boxy NE crowns (thank goodness) and the bill lays slightly higher up on the forehead depending on how you wear your caps. In my humble opinion, the soft, unstructured backing of the crown makes Ebbets caps softer and less tight on my forehead than NE caps. No more red lines! Their caps also feel lighter and less stiff than NE brands.

Archived