NHL Brights Series

appleclock

Next up is Tampa Bay.

Here I went with the lighter blue that the team currently uses, but I brought back silver as an accent.

CPM-NHLbrights-06-TAM.png

I like the sleeve striping and the bolts down the front but I feel it relies too much on the piss poor 2011 redesign to be successful. Ditching the wordmark above the logo of the road would go a long way.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments so far guys... looks like a lot of you like Boston, but would like it with more yellow, and some of you really don't like Tampa Bay. Yeah, the Tampa ones were a bit of a risk, but let's compare that with the alternate jersey that the team actually came out with last week... maybe taking risks ain't so bad.

I'm back with the next entry, New Jersey:

CPM-NHLbrights-07-NJD.png

The Devils' Christmas look from the 80's is pretty much bang on as far as what I would want to do for this series, so I had to change that look up a bit. I went with a green jersey as opposed to a red one, which is probably something a lot of you won't appreciate. C&C is welcome as always. Have a good weekend!

So I'm not surprised some of you didn't really like the green Devils jersey... but I wanted to try something different with them. Anyway, onto our next team:

CPM-NHLbrights-08-KAN.png

Back in the 70s there was a team called the Kansas City Scouts. They should have been a blue and yellow team, but their closest rival (St. Louis) already was a blue and yellow team, so the Scouts used way too much red in their color scheme to differentiate. This bright concept corrects that, while leaving enough red (and adding much-needed white to the blue jersey) to still remain unique and different from their interstate rivals. C&C and thanks for your comments!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the black is out of place. Another thing bothering me is how the "A" in "Stars" doesn't properly align with the Star. That is where my complaints end. I loved the 70's northstars set and its nice to see it get new life here. Your New Jersey concept also looks fantastic. Nice work!

Thanks for the comments so far... Let's move on to today's team: the Edmonton Oilers. Edmonton is already one of the brightest teams in the NHL. Their 80s dynasty look made a comeback full time a few years ago--blue and orange. I decided to tone down the orange and go with more white for this NHL Brights concept. I modified the logo just a little bit (oil drop outlined and the crest now outlined in orange). C&C and thanks for your comments!

CPM-NHLbrights-10-EDM.png

Yeah, that Oilers one is the first I really didn't like. I can't say I agree with the switching of white and orange. If they're gonna stay bright, they should keep it the way it is. I've always been partial to midnight blue and orange.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Thanks for the comments so far... Let's move on to today's team: the Edmonton Oilers. Edmonton is already one of the brightest teams in the NHL. Their 80s dynasty look made a comeback full time a few years ago--blue and orange. I decided to tone down the orange and go with more white for this NHL Brights concept. I modified the logo just a little bit (oil drop outlined and the crest now outlined in orange). C&C and thanks for your comments!

CPM-NHLbrights-10-EDM.png

The blue jersey would look better with orange shoulders. The white jersey looks excellent.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Thanks for your comments about the Oilers. Yeah I would probably not recommend dropping orange in favor of white in real life, but since the Oilers are so bright to begin with, I wanted to try something a little different.

Okay onto today's team: the Nashville Predators-another insanely bright team in real life. Yes--the NHL's full-time yellow team. I decided to go with a different color from the team's past instead of yellow: powder blue, which was an accent color before the team's rebrand. I brought back the checker pattern, which was popular on the team's former navy blue third jersey. C&C and thanks as always!

CPM-NHLbrights-11-NAS.png

I can see what you're going for with the Stars logo, but it doesn't work too well because the A makes it look like the top point of the star is being squashed. Maybe just use the point from the old Stars logo and only the "ST RS" from the new wordmark. Also, you've got the black "Dallas" on the home jersey crest bleeding into the green background. You could make it white to rectify that issue, but you could also remove it altogether and give it a much needed simplification.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived