damnyoutuesday

Heart of America Bowl - Kansas City (Arrowhead Stadium)

HeartofAmericaBowl_zps5df9bd7b.png

Primary teams; Big 12 and Big 10, or an Independent team

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

They already have the Music City Bowl in Nashville, but why not the Country Music Bowl, or the Country Music Hall of Fame Bowl?

Or better yet, the International Bowl, and have it sponsored by Nissan and/or Bridgestone/Firestone.

And on that same thought, if the Virginia Tech/Tennessee series is as big of a success as I expect it will be, I think we could see a bowl game or two at major racetrack infields.

The Thunder Valley Bowl in Bristol, immediately renamed the Food City Bowl... the DegaBowl (or maybe BowlDega, a play on Bodega?) in Talladega?

Am I wishing too hard or stretching too far to imagine the Brickyard Bowl in Indy, or the NASCAR Bowl in Daytona?

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

They already have the Music City Bowl in Nashville, but why not the Country Music Bowl, or the Country Music Hall of Fame Bowl?

Or better yet, the International Bowl, and have it sponsored by Nissan and/or Bridgestone/Firestone.

And on that same thought, if the Virginia Tech/Tennessee series is as big of a success as I expect it will be, I think we could see a bowl game or two at major racetrack infields.

The Thunder Valley Bowl in Bristol, immediately renamed the Food City Bowl... the DegaBowl (or maybe BowlDega, a play on Bodega?) in Talladega?

Am I wishing too hard or stretching too far to imagine the Brickyard Bowl in Indy, or the NASCAR Bowl in Daytona?

Bristol, yes.The other tracks, big fat NO.

Bristol is a short track so fans won't be to far away and there's nothing in the infield (perm buildings) that would get in the way of the field or sightlines.

At the supertracks like Daytona and Tally they're simply to damn big. You wouldn't be able to see anything. And Indy has the problem of the stands and watch tower on the infield side of the front straightaway which would get in the way. Just not possible to do.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Years ago there was a Palm Bowl in McAllen, TX, that hosted the D-2 national championship. Now for my contribution: the Dr. Pepper Bowl at Baylor's new stadium in Waco featuring two Lone Star State teams as long as they are from different conferences such as UT vs TAMU, Houston vs Rice, SMU vs TCU, UTEP vs TTU, or Texas State vs UTSA.

Years ago there was a Palm Bowl in McAllen, TX, that hosted the D-2 national championship. Now for my contribution: the Dr. Pepper Bowl at Baylor's new stadium in Waco featuring two Lone Star State teams as long as they are from different conferences such as UT vs TAMU, Houston vs Rice, SMU vs TCU, UTEP vs TTU, or Texas State vs UTSA.

An in-state exclusive bowl game is a great idea. If I'm thinking correctly, Texas is the only state that you could use to execute that idea.

The only way Dega and Daytona works is if the infield grass is big enough. Then maybe some temp bleachers on Pit Row to get closer seating.

This was the setup at the Milwaukee Mile when the Packers played there before County Stadium was built. It was known as the Dairy Bowl, but to my knowledge, no college bowl game by that name was ever played there.

The "Cold as F*** Bowl" held at a high school football stadium in Barrow, Alaska.

The last two teams to fall out of the Top 25 at season's end have to play there.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived