Lehigh Football Uniforms Through The Years

leopard88

Lehigh is my alma mater's archrival, but this story on its website was interesting . . . and worth sharing. I only wish the pictures could be clicked to enlarge.

http://www.lehighsports.com/news/2014/6/25/LL150_0625143915.aspx

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I wish they included 1980-2000s too. Always thought "Engineers" was a better name, and brown and gold were good colors.

Lehigh-Lafayette is a good looking rivalry, though I wish the Leopards would bring back a leopard logo instead of the L on the helmets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Agreed on both counts. I am partial to the roaring leopard head from the 80s and 90s, even though it is too detailed and needs more color (probably because it was the primary logo when I was in college).

LafayetteP88.GIF

The way the article is written, it looks like they intend to update it to add the more recent years. However, it is three months old now

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Agreed on both counts. I am partial to the roaring leopard head from the 80s and 90s, even though it is too detailed and needs more color (probably because it was the primary logo when I was in college).

LafayetteP88.GIF

The way the article is written, it looks like they intend to update it to add the more recent years. However, it is three months old now

Did ren69 (I think that's his name here) ever make an updated version of that in the Concepts section? I like that logo too, but I agree it needs to be updated.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

LafayetteP88.GIF

Did ren69 (I think that's his name here) ever make an updated version of that in the Concepts section? I like that logo too, but I agree it needs to be updated.

No. My avatar is his work, but I didn't ask him to do this one. Maybe I will have to make a request.

I really like the northwestern stripes on the shoulders. Pretty unique. Would like to see someone try that now.

I think the article has been updated after all, because that set wasn't on there the first time I saw the article.

That is what Lehigh was wearing for my first Lafayette-Lehigh game in 1984. If memory serves me, they switched to their 49ers knockoffs in 1985 (possibly midseason).

The 49ers knockoffs in question --

-72d6bc2e63372a57.png

• 1 month later...

The article has been updated to at least get us to 2009.

http://www.lehighsports.com/news/2014/6/25/LL150_0625143915.aspx

I tried to post some pictures, but wasn't able to do so.

The hell is a Mountain Hawk?

As a 1998 Lehigh graduate, a Mountain Hawk is a poor excuse for an Engineer replacement.

Why exactly was the Engineer name ditched? (Sorry if this is a simple answer or easily found via Google)

spacer.png

As a 1988 Lafayette graduate, my preferred name for the Lehigh athletic teams is Brown and White Mountain Packing Engineer Hawks . . . but that's just me. :P

I figure it covers Engineers, Mountain Hawks and the short lived Packer and Brown and White eras of the late '80s.

The hell is a Mountain Hawk?

As a 1998 Lehigh graduate, a Mountain Hawk is a poor excuse for an Engineer replacement.

Why exactly was the Engineer name ditched? (Sorry if this is a simple answer or easily found via Google)

The reason we were given at the time is that the school wanted to shed it's image as a strictly engineering school and help emphasize the business and arts schools with a more (literally and figuratively) generic name.

And for the record, I received my BS in Civil Engineering there. And I hate the Mountain Hawks name.

patriotssignature.png

I don't think I've ever met anyone who really like the Mountain Hawks name . . . even among people who went to Lehigh after the change.

Oh, yeah. Go Leopards!

No, I will be watching in the comfort of a bar near home. Ironically, I will be in NYC this weekend (taking my daughter to see "Matilda" on Broadway).

And you?

Archived