2014-5 NBA Season Thread: We Are North American Ballerz

buzzcut

So the NBA would completely abandon the Philly market?

If the Sixers do in fact move, you might as well shut down any possibility of a third franchise in Philly. If my knowledge of the NBA's history is correct, The Warriors left in the 60's, only to be replaced by the Sixers a short time after. I don't know if they'd go back to Newark. While I believe a third team in the NY-NJ area could work, it would water down the market. Maybe Pittsburgh? Buffalo? Richmond, Norfolk, or VA Beach(wasn't SAC rumored to move to VA Beach a few years back?)? How about Baltimore? Hartford or Providence (both too small?)? Maybe north of the border like Montreal? Well, maybe not. There are several cities in the northeast that come to mind. Heck, they could move west (ha, opposite of Will Smith). Tampa Bay and Seattle both come to mind outside of the northeast. Which city makes the most sense, though if they do move (emphasis on "if")

Am I the only one not seeing how having a team in Newark is better for business than having a team in Philly?

Moving the team from Philly to Newark seems like a crazy idea. Though it would be funny to see two teams in NJ if the Knicks are forced to move out of New York if things don't go their way in 2023 with the lease situation.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the NBA would completely abandon the Philly market?

If the Sixers do in fact move, you might as well shut down any possibility of a third franchise in Philly. If my knowledge of the NBA's history is correct, The Warriors left in the 60's, only to be replaced by the Sixers a short time after. I don't know if they'd go back to Newark. While I believe a third team in the NY-NJ area could work, it would water down the market. Maybe Pittsburgh? Buffalo? Richmond, Norfolk, or VA Beach(wasn't SAC rumored to move to VA Beach a few years back?)? How about Baltimore? Hartford or Providence (both too small?)? Maybe north of the border like Montreal? Well, maybe not. There are several cities in the northeast that come to mind. Heck, they could move west (ha, opposite of Will Smith). Tampa Bay and Seattle both come to mind outside of the northeast. Which city makes the most sense, though if they do move (emphasis on "if")

Am I the only one not seeing how having a team in Newark is better for business than having a team in Philly?

Moving the team from Philly to Newark seems like a crazy idea. Though it would be funny to see two teams in NJ if the Knicks are forced to move out of New York if things don't go their way in 2023 with the lease situation.

It doesn't make any sense to me unless they throw an expansion team in Philly, but even then it seems a little fishy.

I don't think there is a way the NBA completely abandons the Philly market for a third team in the New York area, while that idea could work, I think the NBA would rather try an expansion team there than move a big-market franchise.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Philadelphia is the fourth biggest media market in the country and the 76ers have been there for 50+ years. I have a feeling Adam Silver and the rest of the league would exhaust very single option they could to get current ownership to sell to someone that'll keep the team there before letting the 76ers move, especially to an area that has two teams. Of course, I never thought we'd see the Oklahoma City Thunder, so I have a low sodium opinion here.

Bradley Beal is coming back tonight versus the Mavericks. Considering how elite Dallas' offense has been so far, he'll be needed.

Bleep the Spurs. Forever.

Yeah, curse them for their consistent success, while keeping the same group of guys around for more than ten years, and their team oriented mentality, showing how sometimes a collective five is better than one superstar. Curses!

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

A collective five is better than one superstar when one of the collective five is a superstar. That Tim Duncan is taciturn and kind of a lame-o doesn't mean he's not one of the best basketball players who ever lived.

That being said, SabresRule is a lame-o and not a board superstar.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Swaggy P = Ws.

Also, people who hate the Spurs are the worst type of sports fans. They're probably the most likeable dynasty(-ish?) of all time, do things "the right way," have found success in a small market, and have adapted their playing style to fit the times. People who don't like the Spurs can pee up a rope.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Swaggy P = Ws.

Also, people who hate the Spurs are the worst type of sports fans. They're probably the most likeable dynasty(-ish?) of all time, do things "the right way," have found success in a small market, and have adapted their playing style to fit the times. People who don't like the Spurs can pee up a rope.

What if they are not a fan of all the foreign players the Spurs have and have had for many years, they wanna see american players from the NCAA, are they still the worst type of sports fans ?

Swaggy P = Ws.

What if they are not a fan of all the foreign players the Spurs have and have had for many years, they wanna see american players from the NCAA, are they still the worst type of sports fans ?

Yeah. That would be stupid too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Swaggy P = Ws.

Yes and they should be forced to wear stuff from Don Cherry's wardrobe for the rest of their lives as penance.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Swaggy P = Ws.

Yeah.

Archived