2014-5 NBA Season Thread: We Are North American Ballerz

buzzcut

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch Cavs-Knicks, but as bad as New York looked against the Bulls the night before... how did that happen on the road in game 2 of a back-to-back?

All I heard today was that we know nothing about the Bulls because all they did was destroy a horrible Knicks team. And now this... also means nothing but it sure is weird.

So, the theme is CAVS ARE GONNA STRUGGLE EARLY FINDING CHEMISTRY. We know what happened 4 years ago in Miami.

How the hell did the '08 Celtics avoid this? Hell, they started 8-0

They had an excellent head coach

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I think last night showed what I was curious about. When the team trusted the offense and the ball didn't hit the floor, they could score at will. When they started to play iso-ball, that's what the Knicks were able to close the gap.

In my opinion, the Cavs didn't look like they were trying. I mean, yes they were trying, but it didn't seem like they were really giving 100%. Everyone I was watching the game with said the same thing. Even Varejao looked like he was giving 99% instead of his typical 100%. I think that game showed how strong the team is going to be. The best player on your team, who is the best player in the league, had one of his worst games ever... I believe he had more turnovers than buckets.

As for the lineup; I think starting Varejao is a big mistake. He is clearly better than Tristan Thompson, but Varajeo is at his best when he comes in against second teams, plays 25-28 minutes, and causes havoc all over the court. I also think the Cavs are missing a true SG. Waiters has a very nice game... but I would love to bring the second team in with Waiter, Marion, and Varejao.

I still think Ray Allen will sign with the Cavs around Christmas time. I don't think he wants the wear and tear of the first 30-40 games of the season.

Tonight's pre-game ceremonies at the Verizon Center may be the worst in the history of the sport of basketball. No excitement, bad music, just blah.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I always get annoyed at the beginning of NBA when american sports fans / media are still in football mode and have forgotten that in the other big 3 sports, you don't really learn anything about a team from watching them play a single regular season game. hell, even 20 games doesn't mean THAT much.

the only things i'm certain of after 5 days of nba basketball:

- the lakers and sixers will be two of the worst teams in the league.

- the spurs are still the spurs.

- anthony davis is making the jump from "really good" to "elite" nba players.

This is probably the weakest 2-0 start the Clippers have had. Barely beating a Thunder team without Durant and Westbrook, and letting it come down to the wire against the purple and

yellow team?

And there is your first loss :). Last 2 games have been great for the Kings after the sad first game vs the Warriors. It's weird seeing the dark crowd for a Clippers game.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived