Windows 9 (or 10) logo?

CS85

not sure which one is the official logo, but i like both. probably like the 1st more as a Windows 9 exclusive and the 2nd as a system, where each version you just swap out the number. not that the 1st couldnt be that, but it looks a bit too 1980s. actually i think i do like the 2nd one better; it communicates what it is without type. i like that

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Well, none of this is going to matter, as it's been named Windows 10, not Windows 9

http://www.businessinsider.com/windows-10-2014-9

a-terry-300x225.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well, none of this is going to matter, as it's been named Windows 10, not Windows 9

http://www.businessinsider.com/windows-10-2014-9

a-terry-300x225.jpg

640px-Mega_Facepalm.png

So counting... not one of Microsoft's strongest areas, huh?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

They're going to Windows 10 almost entirely because they're trying to match version numbers with Mac, who is currently about to go into 10.10.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

They're going to Windows 10 almost entirely because they're trying to match version numbers with Mac, who is currently about to go into 10.10.

I thought computer people had to know there numbers...... guess I was wrong.

According to a Microsoft developer the numbering change was entirely legacy-based. They discovered that far too many third-party apps and libraries were doing crappy version checks for Windows 95 or Windows 98 with:

if (version.StartsWith("Windows 9")) {

They decided the easiest way to get around that issue was to skip 9 and call it 10. It's not so much on Microsoft but bad third-party application and library developers who never foresaw "Windows 9" as a thing or heard of RegEx. MS is actually doing everyone a favour by making this change.

Archived