Rockstar Matt

THE Video Game Thread

2,608 posts in this topic

You had fun playing ET?

You, good sir, must have the pain tolerance of a Monk.

I fell out of a chair and hurt my head pretty bad when I was a baby if that explains anything.

Here's a question for the CCSLC community at large, Halo or Call of Duty?

Neither. I've never enjoyed either series and their interminable fanboys make them even more difficult to enjoy.

Been playing NCAA Football 12 like crazy for the last week, and it's easily the best of the NCAA series.

I hate Halo. I hate CoD. Hell, I hate all FPS games, so to me... Those games can go rot in Video Game Hell next to Big Rigs Racing, Custer's Revenge and ET The Video Game.

Now that I feel better now that I expressed my hatred towards an overrated genre, I am a gamer as well. My specialties are Sports and Fighting Games... Although that is kinda shunted right now since I have a PS2 and a Wii (BTW, can someone other then Nintendo make a decent game for the Wii, please? The last good game that fell outside of the genres I like on the Wii was MadWorld).

I know it's called one of the worst video games of all time, but I had fun playing ET when I was a kid. That and Moon Patrol. Then when we finally could afford a Nintendo, I moved on to Baseball Stars and Tecmo Super Bowl, the greatest game ever made.

I loved playing E.T.! Of course I was under 8. Never understood it, though. Just walking around making his neck grow.

Minecraft and resident evil 4 are the only games I play now. The NHL series has gone completely downhill since 2004 (best NHL ever. Period) so I don't even bother playing the new ones now. I will occaisionally play the odd game of NHL 2000 or 2001.

Been playing NCAA Football 12 like crazy for the last week, and it's easily the best of the NCAA series.

Let me ask you this: if I have NCAA Football 11, what about NCAA Football 12 would make me want to go out and get it instead of just updating the rosters for my NCAA Football 11?

Just finished my dynasty year one with UGA.

Heisman mode. 12-0...have the National Title game versus FSU to play.

The SEC title game I played was worth typing out here.

Intercepted Bama on first posession of game.

Two plays later sacked, fumbled, Bama scores TD. 7-0.

Isaiah Crowell goes for 63 yards untouched up the middle 2 plays later 7-7.

Following Bama FG, Brandon Boykin has 93 yard kick off return to 3 yard line. I go up 14-10. Bama eventually goes up 24-14 at half.

I come back to take 28-24 lead with 1:21 remaining on a 3rd and 11 run with Aaron Murray.

I sack Bama twice in a row to set up a 4th and 19 from their own 12. Game officially over? No, Bama throws for the first down and eventually scores a touchdown with 30 seconds left.

So, I'm down 31-28, I chuck a pass to the Bama 45 with 17 ticks left to Tav King. Next play I hit Rantavious Wooten on a seam route and he runs to the 3 yard line.

6 ticks left...I pass on the field goal and throw a goalline fade to Marlon Brown...snags over Dre Kirkpatrick.

BALLGAME!! I wish I had Verne Lundquist in my room to have fits with me!

Just finished my second play through of inFAMOUS 2. MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS.

Where the hell do they go from this? Is it even possible, with the two wildly different endings, to continue the story? Playing as The Beast could forseeably be awesome but in a world without humanity, there wouldn't be much point, would there? They could possibly choose to do another city, another conduit going on at the same time on a smaller scale... or I've heard maybe an alternate universe situation with Kessler in a time of the Beast, but man, they really shut the door on a straight sequel, either way.

Let me ask you this: if I have NCAA Football 11, what about NCAA Football 12 would make me want to go out and get it instead of just updating the rosters for my NCAA Football 11?

Maybe this is just me but the overall feel of the gameplay is just so much better. You feel like it's so much more smooth. Also if you're a big Road to Glory guy, this years is literally 100 times better. I haven't gotten into an Online Dynasty yet so I can't tell you about that, but if I were you I would get it.

You had fun playing ET?

You, good sir, must have the pain tolerance of a Monk.

You want to experience pain tolerance, play Legacy of the Wizard or Metroid 2: Return of Samus. You'll be punching babies in no time.

Maybe this is just me but the overall feel of the gameplay is just so much better. You feel like it's so much more smooth. Also if you're a big Road to Glory guy, this years is literally 100 times better. I haven't gotten into an Online Dynasty yet so I can't tell you about that, but if I were you I would get it.

In addition to that, you can really go crazy with dynasty this year. You can re-design conferences, change BCS bids, and work your way up the coaching ladder with coordinator positions and the coaching carousel. It added a ton of replay value to the game

As for my game collection

-NCAA Football 12

-MLB 11: The Show

-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12

-NBA 2K11

-NHL 11

-FIFA 11

-NASCAR 2011: The Game

-F1 2010

-Gran Turismo 5

-Madden 11

-NCAA Basketball 10

-2010 FIFA World Cup

All PS3

In addition to that, you can really go crazy with dynasty this year. You can re-design conferences, change BCS bids, and work your way up the coaching ladder with coordinator positions and the coaching carousel. It added a ton of replay value to the game

In what way can you redesign them? You can do that in NCAA 10 to an extent.

You want a game collection... Here's mine:

Playstation 2

-Capcom VS. SNK 2

-College Hoops 2K6

-College Hoops 2K7

-College Hoops 2K8

-Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore

-FIFA Soccer 2005

-2006 FIFA World Cup

-Final Fantasy X

-Guilty Gear XX

-Gulity Gear Isuka

-Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

-Madden NFL 2003

-Madden NFL 2008

-MLB 2K6

-Mega Man Anniversary Collection

-Midway Arcade Treasures 2

-Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

-Mortal Kombat Deception

-Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks

-Mortal Kombat Armageddon

-MVP Baseball 2005

-NBA 2K6

-NCAA Football 2006

-NCAA Football 2007

-NCAA Football 2008

-NCAA 06 March Madness

-NHL 06

-Sonic Heroes

-Sonic Mega Collection Plus

-Soul Cailbur II

-Soul Calibur III

-Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

-Tekken Tag Tournament

-Tekken 5

-WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006

-WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007

Wii

-Mario Party 8

-Pokemon Battle Revolution

-Samurai Shodown Anthology

-Super Smash Brothers Brawl

-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Ultimate All Stars

-Wii Music

Virtual Console/Wiiware

NES

-Blades of Steel

-Kirby's Adventure

-Super Mario Bros.

-Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (AKA Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan)

-Super Mario Bros. 2 (American Version)

-Super Mario Bros. 3

-The Legend of Zelda

Genesis

-Eternal Champions

Super Nintendo

-Donkey Kong Country

-Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

TurboGrafix 16

-Bomberman '93

-Bonk's Adventure

Neo Geo

-Baseball Stars 2

-Fighter's History Dynamite

-The King of Fighters '94

-Samurai Shodown

-Samurai Shodown II

-World Heroes

Nintendo 64

-F-Zero X

-Mario Kart 64

-Super Smash Brothers

WiiWare

-Mega Man 9

-Mega Man 10

In what way can you redesign them? You can do that in NCAA 10 to an extent.

Basically you have control on what teams go where at the beginning of each season. You can make superconferences, regional conferences, traditional conferences, the possibilities are very plentiful. And as I mentioned, it's each season if you want to keep everything realistic and move teams to new conferences. Also there's divisions and conference championships if you go over 12. Basically you can have conferences of 4-16 teams

Speaking of NCAA Football 12 does anyone know how to upload your downloaded rosters with real player names onto your Road to Glory game? I just finished my high school career where I dominated and won the state title. I was a low five star recruit and was ranked in the ESPNU top 100. So I decide to take my talents to South Bend and play for the Fighting Irish. I'm all pumped until I see the rosters and realize that it's using generated names. I still know who all of the big name guys are but I hate seeing fake names. Anyone know how to fix that?

I have several games, but only two that I've been playing with any sort of regularity lately: The Star Trek Online MMORPG (PC) and Tiger Woods 12 (PS3). The latter is great with the PS Move controllers.

Speaking of NCAA Football 12 does anyone know how to upload your downloaded rosters with real player names onto your Road to Glory game? I just finished my high school career where I dominated and won the state title. I was a low five star recruit and was ranked in the ESPNU top 100. So I decide to take my talents to South Bend and play for the Fighting Irish. I'm all pumped until I see the rosters and realize that it's using generated names. I still know who all of the big name guys are but I hate seeing fake names. Anyone know how to fix that?

You can download them off of the EA Locker I'm pretty sure. You just need to enter the person's gamertag. I haven't done it myself, but it's fairly easy from what I've heard.

You can download them off of the EA Locker I'm pretty sure. You just need to enter the person's gamertag. I haven't done it myself, but it's fairly easy from what I've heard.

Yeah I have the downloaded rosters with player names, but when I go to play my RTG it changes back to generated names. I'm unsure how to change it.

I was playing Madden 08 today, and was surprised by an amazing AI move.

It was 3rd and 15 with 5 seconds left in the half. Brett Favre has no one open, so he throws the ball away to stop the clock with 1 second left. 4th and 15 and they score a touchdown.

I never would have thought that the AI would be smart enough to throw the ball away to get one last play before the end of the half.