Boston Bruins Throwback Alternate

YelichGraphics

A few things:

1- Right sleeve shoulder patch is backwards.

2- As is, the front of the jersey is too cluttered, with the overlapping and all. I don't think it'd be all that bad if you made it "BOS 1 TON" , could be wrong, I'd have to see it. Even if the text was arched with a couple spaces in the middle for the #, it could work.

My one concern doing that would be froy putting the number 46 in there. I think 1 lends itself decently to the design, but start putting in different numbers and IMO, you'd lose it a bit.

​3- the pant logo, if it's included, generally goes on the bottom of the pants, right above the knee. Since you're doing a throwback, I don't think the pant logo would add all that much. Really up to you there.

4- You just love different striping patterns on the same uniform, don't you :P The socks themselves have 2 different striping patterns, neither of which are found in the rest of the set. Especially with a fauxback, you really don't want the striping to be too complex, not the style, but the sheer quantity of different styles.

5- #1 on the back is way off-centred.

6- Make the name a few sizes larger.

Decent start here, I like the direction you're going.

​3- the pant logo, if it's included, generally goes on the bottom of the pants, right above the knee. Since you're doing a throwback, I don't think the pant logo would add all that much. Really up to you there.

Given the way the jersey hangs over the pants, a logo at the top.of the pants wouldn't be seen at all.

My own comment: while I am an outspoken advocate of good contrast, if the (important) number on the back stayed black, I would suggest replicating the (less important) gold/yellow number in the front, without any "BOSTON" through or around it, as shown in the model picture.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Archived