Former pros turned into relatively obscure media members!

CS85

Eddie Olczyk does a great job alongside Pat Foley and Doc Emrick.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Gregg Zaun does analysis up here in Canada, and he's pretty bad. I think he wants to be baseball's version of Don Cherry, but can't pull it off.

Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler (Sportsnet baseball) do a fine job of announcing, though.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

On the flipside, Walton made a lot of Knicks games excruciating. When NBC had the NBA, he always seemed to get Knicks games and always crapped all over the team.

I still prefer him to most others though.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Walton does Pac 12 basketball for ESPN now. He mostly talks about 60s bands from the locations(CCR from Berkeley, Grateful Dead from Palo Alto, Linda Ronstadt from Tucson), plus he loves the use of hyperbole.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I don't have strong "anti" feelings about many broadcasters. I actually like Phil Simms, for example.

But I always hated Bill Walton. He favors big men to a nauseating degree. His worst performance, though, was when he covered an NCAA tournament game involving his son Luke. It was Arizona vs. Michigan State. Close game all the way and he kept saying things like "Arizona's gonna have to play a lot better if they are going to beat a team like this." At one point late in the game, Luke Walton made a tremendous move to the basket; quintessential Walton big man move. They showed the reply and ... silence. Bill was shy to praise his kid...guess I cannot blame him and that was his and the network's error. He should have been in the stands.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I suppose he's not obscure at this point but Jim Kaat was a great broadcaster for the Twins in the 1990s. He was good enough that he was eventually pulled away by the YES network. I could not tell you whether he was still there, but a decade ago when I lived in Connecticut I watched some games and he was there and did a terrific job telling fans about the opposing team.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler (Sportsnet baseball) do a fine job of announcing, though.

Some people disagree:

http://www.buckblunders.com

For the record I like them, and of course every announcers have mistakes like this, but some of the early season blunders are pretty good.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Luke Walton made a tremendous move to the basket; quintessential Walton big man move. They showed the reply and ... silence. Bill was shy to praise his kid...guess I cannot blame him and that was his and the network's error. He should have been in the stands.

The network could have adjusted the assignment or Walton could have opted out, but once he was there, he has to be able to analyze the play, even if his son was involved.

I remember years ago, Bob Griese calling a Michigan game when his son, Brian, was the QB. The Michigan passing offense was controlling the game, and Bob's key point for the second half was that the other team needed to do a better job of pressuring the quarterback.

Matt Davidson (the guy with the catch against Mizzou in 1997) does a great job doing husker football games on the radio.

I loathe that man...

Jim Edmonds has been doing in-studio work on some Cardinals broadcasts this season. Safe to say he's probably the worst I've ever seen, and this from a guy who watches college students mess up all the time on the local NBC affiliate here. Plus he still wears too much eye liner.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Atlanta's got no shortage of athletes that turned to TV/radio after their playing days have ended.

Doing actual game broadcasts, the Braves have Don Sutton on radio and Joe Simpson on TV, and Tom Glavine does a few of the games on TV (mainly the weekend home games). The Falcons have David Archer on radio. The Hawks have Dominique Wilkins doing TV. UGA football has Eric Zeier on radio. Georgia Tech football has Roddy Jones on radio. They do ok. Of that bunch, I think the best at giving insight are Sutton and Archer.

The Braves have a few former players that pitch-in during pre- and post-game shows for TV and radio: Mark Lemke, Paul Byrd, Brian Jordan, Matt Diaz, Ryan Klesko. The Falcons have Coy Wire on their pre- and post-game shows. The Hawks have Mike Glenn.

A handful of former athletes also have daily or weekly shows on local radio: Buck Belue, Brian Finneran, Randy Cross, Jamie Dukes, Chuck Smith, Ray Buchanan

Ron Gant is co-host of one of the local morning TV/news shows.

On the flipside, Walton made a lot of Knicks games excruciating. When NBC had the NBA, he always seemed to get Knicks games and always crapped all over the team.

I still prefer him to most others though.

Uh-oh!

Nowadays, fans of the Utah Jazz have Craig "Got it! No!" Bolerjack...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAujl7SIwq8

And former Jazzman Matt Harpring:

Uh, yea. :/

But enough of my tangent. This is about half-decent announcers.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived