Cleveland Cavaliers Unveil New Court

CLEstones

I wonder when this city will put its skyline on its court?

portland_skyline.jpg

Is that Louisville? Louisville has a bridge. I drove on it once.
Duh, it's Cleveland

I've been on that bridge!

I think instead of a skyline, they should focus on one element of the city that stands out -- bridges are great in particular. The bridge here would work. When the Warriors move to SF, I say the Golden Gate Bridge would be a lot more preferable than the city skyline. Nets, if they ever went this route, could do the Brooklyn Bridge.

Go A's!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago , do the same please, get a new court with nicer Bulls

The Bulls are far above that. So are the Knicks. Since the only two teams which could pull off an iconic skyline choose not to, smaller cities shouldn't try too hard. Even the Nets, who had no history to tie into anything when moving to Brooklyn, went with a nuevo-classic look and chose not to go with HEY GUYS WE SORTA PLAY IN NYC gaudiness.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Bulls are far above that. So are the Knicks. Since the only two teams which could pull off an iconic skyline choose not to, smaller cities shouldn't try too hard. Even the Nets, who had no history to tie into anything when moving to Brooklyn, went with a nuevo-classic look and chose not to go with HEY GUYS WE SORTA PLAY IN NYC gaudiness.

Brooklyn bridge at half court would've been a great idea if they didnt have such a beautiful court already with that herringbone design.

Chicago, NYC and the Lakers could pull off the silhouetted skyline design easily if they went that route. But once again they are already established as a dynasty franchise so its not needed now

shado_logo.gif

The Knicks are considered a "dynasty" franchise, but they're a garbage franchise instead.

What silhouette they did use that was great though, was the MSG silhouette:

new_york_knicks_court_1992_95_by_s231995

The fundamental problem is that MSG, San Francisco, and a few other places/objects are distinctive enough to stand on their owns. Other cities have to appropriate the good ideas of others, because they've decided to muddle through and do the bare minimum to function. There are all kinds of unique items NBA cities can throw on their courts inspired by local culture and architecture. Portland has roses and that cool deer sign. LA has the Capitol building and the Hollywood sign. Miami has neon stuff.

If Cleveland wants something on its court, they should think about how quickly they welcomed LeBron back after burning him in effigy four years ago -- maybe they can do an outline of the entire city's mouth on his ass.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I was thinking more about sublimanated Bull heads then skylines

So you want the Bulls to go copy what the Pelicans and Cavs did? Very original thinking :rolleyes:.

So you want the Bulls to go copy what the Pelicans and Cavs did? Very original thinking :rolleyes:.
I dunno man.....just do something lol

Might be a problem with the Cavs court:

Got a text this morning from my source, telling me about his time at Quicken Loans arena and that he had unfortunate news as well! First off he had the opportunity to see the new scoreboard screen and it is massive! The Full screen goes from free throw line to free throw line!

However, the bad news is that the Cavs have to change their new court! The NBA has warned Cleveland that it's because of the skyline and Cleveland on the floor. They just can't have that. If they continue to have that, it will be a $100k fine for each game, and after 4 games they forfeit games!

Link here: http://believelandinsider.weebly.com/cavs/cavs-new-court-must-be-changed

Let's say that this is true, I have to think it comes down to one or two things.

1- Quicken Loans wants their name exposure and doesn't want their name on the top of both halves of the court. They would prefer one on the bottom, and one on top like most other courts.

2- This may simply be a case of the NBA wanting their playoff logo in place when the Cavs make the playoffs. They can't slap them on the skyline.

That is if this is true

Go A's!

Archived