MLB Playoff Bracket Idea

kevsim1

Bracketss_zps711220a8.png

Hey all! Back with just a quick concept today, this time a bracket for the Playoffs. My idea was to use the 4 round of the playoffs (WC included) as the 4 bases on a ball diamond. The various series we'd see are scattered around the basepath, with:

1st Base: WC games

2nd Base: ALDS/NLDS

3rd Base: ALCS/NLDS

Home Plate: World Series

The winning team would replace the commissioner's trophy in the middle of the diamond. Along with this, as you can see with KC over Oakland, each win will be be a filled in square beside the team. Once a team is eliminated, see Oakland, the logo will do grayscale with a red X in the corner.

Any suggestions? Is it clear enough, the whole around the bases thing?

I can post updates however often, end of rounds, every few days, whatever.

Thanks guys!

I like the idea as a whole, very unique. However, the A's logo is not in grayscale as you have stated, it still appears green (at least to me it does). Anyway, I like the idea of "graying out" the losing team and I feel as though that an effective enough indicator of that team's elimination. I see no need for the red 'X' in the top corner, it just looks forced and unnecessary.

I like the idea as a whole, very unique. However, the A's logo is not in grayscale as you have stated, it still appears green (at least to me it does). Anyway, I like the idea of "graying out" the losing team and I feel as though that an effective enough indicator of that team's elimination. I see no need for the red 'X' in the top corner, it just looks forced and unnecessary.

I did set it to grayscale. I don't know if it's me or you that's seeing it wrong.

As for the X, my real reason was for the Tigers, as their colour scheme in grayscale would be almost identical. I think I can roll without the X though, yea. Thanks for the comment!

I see grayscale. The red X is a little much. The problem is that the gray has a similar hue (is that the right word?) to the normal green. You could just make it black and white and avoid the gray all together. I do like the idea though.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Actually i though using grayscale was a correct way of showing who is out of playoffs. But with red cross, maybe it is not needed at all since the blocks have colors to view the numbers of wins they have in playoffs. overall good one!

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

I think the problem is that the greyscale is too dark for the A's. I'd suggest lightening it for them, which should prevent it from looking too much like their current green color.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

What do we think? An update every time a team advances/is eliminated? All that's changing is filling out a couple squared here and there. I can just edit the first post everyday if you want though.

I'd vote for an update after the last game of every day ends. Maybe keep a list link in the original post so we can see the progression? Just an idea. Love what you're doing, keep it up.

Wait so why aren't you updating it...

Orioles, Giants, Royals should have 2 boxes filled in

Cardinals and Dodgers should each have one box filled in

Eh, I just kind of thought it'd be useless to show you a couple of boxes coloured in every day. Here's a day-by-day slideshow. I suppose I'll just post the new one daily, can't hurt.

And today's updated one:

10-4-14_zpsd6620396.png

Archived