DC United Concept Stadium

South of South Street

I love seeing these stadium concepts here on the boards. I don't know what it is about conceptual renderings, but they get me every time.

As for the stadium itself, it looks quite nice, and a definite upgrade over RFK, but given the stadium arms race currently taking place in MLS, I think it leaves a bit to be desired. Sporting Park, RBA, along with the plans for Orlando and an upgraded BMO all offer a little bit more. I'd like to see a more robust roof and interesting facade.

But, that being said, you're talent is clearly evident, and I would love to be able to learn how to use AutoCAD to create something similar. Seems like years of practice though.

Is the structure on this image press boxes? Would that not mean people sitting to the side at the back of it not being able to see the nearest goal?

Just a minor critique on what is an excellently thought out and then executed and presented concept.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I love seeing these stadium concepts here on the boards. I don't know what it is about conceptual renderings, but they get me every time.

As for the stadium itself, it looks quite nice, and a definite upgrade over RFK, but given the stadium arms race currently taking place in MLS, I think it leaves a bit to be desired. Sporting Park, RBA, along with the plans for Orlando and an upgraded BMO all offer a little bit more. I'd like to see a more robust roof and interesting facade.

But, that being said, you're talent is clearly evident, and I would love to be able to learn how to use AutoCAD to create something similar. Seems like years of practice though.

It has taken me quite a long time to get to the point where I can do these designs.......... And do them in my spare time. But they are fun and fulfilling. More to come soon too.

Archived