Hockey Cods Hockey

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hockey ... Cods .... Newfoundland ... How about doing the St. John's IceCaps Codified?

Hi greyraven...great minds think alike, eh?

As soon as I did the "Kiss the (hockey) Cod" T-shirt, I had that same thought.

However, with the IceCaps moving to Thunder Bay (in 2016?), perhaps the "St. John's Hockey Cods" could take their place.

I'll do up that concept later...Thanks for the input.

Any chance you could figure out how to do the Hurricanes (and possibly even the Whalers)?

Hartford Whalers?

Flyers?

IceGators and/or Kings?

Sorry about piling onto the requests, but It'd be awesome to see a Senators one [albeit a little classier than just their current logo, like on a black shirt/sweater]

Thanks for the requests guys...I'll get to them ASAP.

In the meantime, I couldn't resist throwin' a cod at Nashville's stupid (IMO) sabre-tooth logo.

It was just too easy a target...

hg-26.jpg

Rather than go with a variation of their team's logo, the Boston Chapter decided to create a tribute logo of the greatest Hockey Cod of all time, at his finest moment...

Their very own #4...

Well done, sir.

I can't breath! I'm laughing at smiling at these and I can't stop - in a good way of course!

You always offer up something fresh and original even if its a topic I wouldn't usually care for. Great work, can't wait to see more!

Thank you guys...They're a lot of fun to make.

how about Ducks? Old and New?

Hi JM...How 'bout some old Ducks?...

hg-25.jpg

Simply good one! I liked that alot lol good going!

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Hockey ... Cods .... Newfoundland ... How about doing the St. John's IceCaps Codified?

Hi greyraven...great minds think alike, eh?

As soon as I did the "Kiss the (hockey) Cod" T-shirt, I had that same thought.

However, with the IceCaps moving to Thunder Bay (in 2016?), perhaps the "St. John's Hockey Cods" could take their place.

I'll do up that concept later...Thanks for the input.

Looking forward to the concept as always.

Wouldn't count on the IceCaps landing here in Tbay yet. Lots of phases of studies done with a specific location now chosen and designs made up but if the Province and the Feds don't plop down some actual cash on the table to help fund the proposed Event Centre then it's a dead duck. If there has been any commitments at all it's been behind closed doors and kept quiet; I don't think the general public has been informed of any as of yet.

Highest level here is the university team (Lakehead Thunderwolves) and as the highest level for hockey town it gets very good support - for a university team at university ticket prices. From past experience many here think it's to long of a bus ride for leagues that bus and thought to be too small for those that fly. If the AHL comes here I really can't see it lasting long term - too small (would be smallest metro area or damn near in the AHL), and sports fans here are known to be fickle - not as bad with hockey as other sports but still not great. As you can see I've got that "Thunder Bay optimism" down pat ;)

2016 seems like a real long shot to me though. Any large building construction (especially taxpayer funded) never gets done on time, or on budget, and without several problems along the way (many of them well know but still repeated).

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

It sounds like Thunder Bay needs to decide on the viability of the Centre with or without the AHL, with such a move being considered a bit of gravy for the city.

Thunder Bay would definitely be a more convenient location for the Jets, as long as the cost of said convenience isn't too much.

(I wonder though, how many AHL teams actually "make money"?)

Thanks for the insight greyraven.

Sorry about piling onto the requests, but It'd be awesome to see a Senators one [albeit a little classier than just their current logo, like on a black shirt/sweater]

Here's Ottawa TK...

hg-28.jpg

These are just awesome! Any chance you could figure out how to do the Hurricanes (and possibly even the Whalers)?

'Canes up, Ant...

All of these make me chuckle out loud. Amazing work. Maybe the Hurricanes can be the cod getting flushed down the toilet bowl logo?

Thanks B.

Is the above an editorial statement on the 'Canes season so far? :lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of the Hurricanes' Cod caught in a hurricane...

hg-30.jpg

awesome!

Absolutely brilliant. I could see these being part of an actual clothing line.

Thanks for the feedback, Jake and Chrome.

A while back, I did up a series on 4 NHL Teams that I would like to see exist...

4-16.jpg

I was wondering, if these teams were real...what would their Hockey Cods look like.

So, here goes...

Codding the Beaver

I have to apologize, but I went "cute" on this one...what else could I do?

There's actually some debate as to whether or not the B-Cod is even a fish!

It has the same up and down motion (as opposed to side to side) to its tail movements, as dolphins and whales (mammals)...

hg-33.jpg

Nordiques Inuit Cod

I always thought that the classic Nordiques' logo was actually a stylized person with a hockey stick, rather than an igloo.

I thought that the round red circle was the creature's head, rather than a puck.

It seemed similar to the Inuits', almost-Picasso-like, abstract style...

inuitart-1.jpg

Anyway, Quebec has opted to create their Cod in that above-mentioned style.

In this logo, the red circle is a puck, rather than a head...

hg-35.jpg

Archived