US State Flag Concepts (Mississippi & Wisconsin)

DolphinManatee

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Michigan and Rhode Island done, they are just late in the queue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up is Delaware. The blue is supposed to be based on one color from the University of Delaware's athletics logo and also a more vibrant shade of colonial blue. The other color is called buff. The three-pointed star represents the three counties in the state (fewest in the US). Pretty much this is a simplified version of their current flag. Here is the flag:

Flag_of_DE_Concept_zps3f88509e.png

So what do you think?

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

I still want C&C on Delaware, but I'll move on.

----------------------------------------------------------

Next up is Nevada. The colors are cobalt blue and silver. The silver part forms an abstract shape of the Silver State. It is pretty straightforward. Here is the flag:

Flag_of_NV_Concept_zps22baa5c4.png

I would like some C&C, please. Thank you.

I made 2 different revisions (one in a 2:3 ratio, the other one a square). Are any of these any better?

Flag_of_NV_Concept_Alt_zps72c2669b.png

Flag_of_NV_Concept_Alt2_zps802a217f.png

I like the first one, but it seems like something could stand to be put in all the negative space on the right. Perhaps a spade, as a dual reference to gambling and mining?

I really like spoiler 1 for nevada but i think it may look better if the outline of the state is more detailed so it does not just look like geometric shape IMO. Love how you are really creating a sense of uniqueness in each and every flag that you create!

a2BRS8U.png

Again, thank you all for the feedback. I made the state outline abstract because I think it would be recognizable as Nevada while keeping it as simple as possible.

Anyways, after many failed attempts of trying to draw something that looks anything like a complex flowering sagebrush spray, I decided to just take the sagebrush from the current state flag, make it a silhouette, and apply them to my flags. After staring at these updated flags for hours, I thought it looked fine, but I'll let you be the judge of that. I don't know what else to say or do, so here is the latest update:

Flag_of_NV_Concept_Alt_zps0037bddc.png

Flag_of_NV_Concept_Alt2_zps53cbde72.png

Flag_of_NV_Concept_Alt3_zps664bea4b.png

Yeah, that didn't look as nice as I thought it would. I think the problem with both the spade and the frond is that they clash stylistically with the rest of the flag. The main part is severe, straight lines, but both the spade and the frond are very curvy. I'm just not sure what could be added that would match.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

Okay, here is (maybe) my last update on Nevada. If you have any suggestions, please tell me, I have pretty much given up.

Flag_of_NV_Concept_Alt4_zps100a2d0c.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So next up is Utah. This is bee-centric due to the honeybee being an important symbol in Mormon culture (which significantly influences the state). The beehive represents the nickname ("The Beehive State") and the motto ("Industry"). The colors are the colors of a honeybee. Here is the flag:

Flag_of_UT_Concept_zps9953f55c.png

Any comments? Happy American Thanksgiving! :)

Archived