US State Flag Concepts (Mississippi & Wisconsin)

DolphinManatee

Flag_of_NV_Concept_Alt_zpscc0738c8.png

Despite the negative reaction, I still think this could work if you used a spade shape that didn't so closely resemble the card suit. Perhaps even have it facing downward to make it more of an allusion to mining than gambling.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I'll post more frequently now.

---------------------

Next is Massachusetts. I pretty much combined the shape of the Governor's flag (a pennant) with the back of the previous flag (with some tweaking and adjustments) and added a cranberry (the state berry) outline. Here is the flag:

Flag_of_MA_Concept_zps8d0e45fb.png

Leave any comments if you like.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

I like the use of the pointed flag and the cranberry tree. However, I might use the a tree more similar to the one on the naval and maritime flag; I like the more detailed look of it.

Also, I don't know if there is symbolism for the star in the blue field, but I think adding that would be a nice touch.

List of changes:

-Replaced the pine tree with the pine tree from the naval ensign and reproportioned it

-Reproportioned the shield

-Added a 6-pointed star to signify Massachusetts' place as the 6th state to enter the union.

-Brightened up the green pine tree

Flag_of_MA_Concept_zps70408093.png

Next up is Michigan. The blue represents the Great Lakes, the green represents the natural beauty of the state, and the four-pointed star represents the amount of Great Lakes the state borders. The design makes it shaped like an "M," in my opinion. Here is the flag:

Flag_of_MI_Concept_zpscde1d426.png

Have at it.

I think most people can easily associate Blue & Green with the State of Michigan:

UofM-vs-MSU.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I think most people can easily associate Blue & Green with the State of Michigan:

UofM-vs-MSU.jpg

I agree, as a non-native Michigander one of the first things I noticed was the constant Go Green, Go Blue greetings.

I like the flag design, generally, but part of me wishes the triangle was facing upward -- to more resemble the lower peninsula. Initially, I was hoping to see incorporating an Elk, Moose or Deer but I think the simplicity is nice.

Sorry for the delay. I took a suggestion and made 2 updated flags:

Flag_of_MI_Concept_Alt_zps8d0c09ae.png

Flag_of_MI_Concept_Alt2_zpsc7415084.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is Kansas. A sunflower and 2 pieces of wheat on a dark green background. I don't really have anything interesting to say, so here is the flag:

Flag_of_KS_Concept_zpsf402c337.png

Kansas looks good, but what if you flipped the wheat stalks around so it encircles the flower?

This sort of reminds me of the concept I made for Kansas, but I went with a brown background myself to represent soil. Apparently the soil there is world-renowned for its high qualities, and helped immortalize the state as a leader in agriculture.

Eh, I'm not sure if the Michigan flag is better or worse with the changes. I think I like the double-green triangles because they remind me of pine or cedar trees.

As for Kansas, I think it's great. If I had one suggestion, I would maybe make the background of the flag either royal or light blue. The state has more history -- especially with license plates -- with using a blue field for things. However, I don't think the change is necessary and the flag looks great.

Sorry for the delay. I took a suggestion and made 2 updated flags:

Flag_of_MI_Concept_Alt_zps8d0c09ae.png

Flag_of_MI_Concept_Alt2_zpsc7415084.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is Kansas. A sunflower and 2 pieces of wheat on a dark green background. I don't really have anything interesting to say, so here is the flag:

Flag_of_KS_Concept_zpsf402c337.png

I think it would look better if you flipped the wheat sprigs so they'd appear to flow around the flower.

Aside from that, it looks pretty good.

Archived