NHL Concepts by Jaker52 Dallas Stars (first and possibly last)

jaker52

I will do as many of these as I want to. Goal is to eliminate Reebok piping and reduce stock stripes (may keep when it's a traditional look). I will start with Dallas. The uniforms are not unique enough for a newer team IMO. I thought it needed to tie in to Texas more since they might as well stay awhile. My designs were meant to resemble the iconic Texas flag and remotely remind hometown fans of the Cowboys that play in town.

I will take suggestions for who to take on next. C&C is needed because I want to keep getting better. Help from the boards has taken me a long way and I would like to go further.

starsunis.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I love what you've come up with here. However, (and correct me if I'm wrong) wouldn't the 'swoosh' of the main color on each sweater be reversed on the back, assuming that the tips meet together. Or are you saying that the patterns are opposite on the front and back? Also, the shoulder patches should only be half seen on each view, unless there are four per sweater. Again, I love the concept and look forward to following this thread.

I love what you've come up with here. However, (and correct me if I'm wrong) wouldn't the 'swoosh' of the main color on each sweater be reversed on the back, assuming that the tips meet together. Or are you saying that the patterns are opposite on the front and back? Also, the shoulder patches should only be half seen on each view, unless there are four per sweater. Again, I love the concept and look forward to following this thread.

guess that was a small execution error and I will make sure it doesn't happen again

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

guess that was a small execution error and I will make sure it doesn't happen again

Getting C&C is supposed to allow you to make changes, not just say that you'll do it next time. If I were trying to make this a successful thread I would go back and make the edits you feel shouldn't 'happen again.' Just my two cents though.

Stars fan here. I think Gold would be a great color to introduce to the Stars again. It was a huge part of their color scheme from 1993-2013 so it should defiantly come back. The other comments above me are pretty spot on so I would listen to them and make the necessary changes. Go stars!

Hoot Hoot

are you or have you ever been a fan of hockey? these are pretty rough man. I don't know where to start to critique these...

I know it's a concept and it's all in fun but, these don't make any sense and look like you made them in MS Paint in 5 minutes.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

are you or have you ever been a fan of hockey? these are pretty rough man. I don't know where to start to critique these...

I know it's a concept and it's all in fun but, these don't make any sense and look like you made them in MS Paint in 5 minutes.

It took 3 days in Illustrator otherwise the problem would be the resolution. I know that these are way out of the norm but imo if you keep everything normal, theres no point in doing concepts. I know it sounds like I'm ignoring you, but I can't change anything when you don't tell me whats wrong.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

Good start, but I would make the bottoms (pants, shorts, whatever they call em) black on both sets -- simply because white bottoms in hockey just don't work (I don't know any NHL team that has white bottoms).

Your overall execution tells me a lot. It doesn't matter how long you spent in a program, the overall thought and design is what matters. From a hockey design, nothing here makes sense to me.

1) Don't use two different colored pants. NHL teams use one color, no if's or but's. Just one pair.

2) I don't understand your striping. Is it supposed to be two colors or a gradient? Either way, it's terrible.

3) Now you have two different styles of stars in the design. Is it supposed to be standard or stylized?

4) Chest logo is too big

5) What is that on the shoulder? I know it is a Dallas shoulder logo but that's because I follow the NHL. For the general forum guest, no one will know what that blob is on your concept. You did not preview any of your logos that you are using.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

My biggest problem here is that the majority of the universe was extremely happy that the new Dallas jerseys were green and not black, and you went with black.

Also, the swoosh striping doesn't fit with the new, angular logo.

Kubiak Designs, Buffalo, NY- Est. 2012

The concept overall is jus poorly executed. Why would you get rid of traditional striping...let alone basically try and get rid of all striping when it's a hockey sweater. Stripes were meant for hockey sweaters and that's why teams like Dallas (also Tampa) switch to templates like that, because that's what makes a hockey sweater. I get what you're going for and I understand that it's yours to do with, but I would scrap that first one and maybe just start fresh. The stars jerseys before the redesign were better than these and those were pretty lame.

Also, white pants in hockey would be the equivalent of mismatching shorts and jerseys in basketball.

The socks on the white set make no aesthetic sense to the rest of the jersey either.

The concept overall is jus poorly executed. Why would you get rid of traditional striping...let alone basically try and get rid of all striping when it's a hockey sweater. Stripes were meant for hockey sweaters and that's why teams like Dallas (also Tampa) switch to templates like that, because that's what makes a hockey sweater. I get what you're going for and I understand that it's yours to do with, but I would scrap that first one and maybe just start fresh. The stars jerseys before the redesign were better than these and those were pretty lame.

Also, white pants in hockey would be the equivalent of mismatching shorts and jerseys in basketball.

The socks on the white set make no aesthetic sense to the rest of the jersey either.

I mean no basic stripes unless they have a tie in in team history. Otherwise. they will be way more unique.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

I mean no basic stripes unless they have a tie in in team history. Otherwise. they will be way more unique.

What are you trying to say in that first sentence?

The striping is unique, which I commend you for, but I just don't see it working. You have the two tone green on the home, but not the away. Then you have silver on the away socks, but nowhere else in the uniform set. Too many inconsistencies going on between the two uniforms. The numbers are too small, and I'm not going to beat a dead horse in talking about the white pants. Plus I agree I like the green over the black. Already have a lot of black teams in the NHL, and them and the Wild are the only ones with green. I like the way they embraced the green in their last redesign.

If this took you three days then your either working like 15 minutes each of those days or something. Maybe next time you should take six. I could make this in probably an hour. Not trying to bash your skills or anything, but I see you cranking out sub par concepts a lot. Please take your time.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

You mean they will be less like hockey sweaters...not unique.

Archived